30 DS Goals

Options
chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
My 30 Day Shred goal is to stay with the program for ninety days. This is what I was capable of achieving last time I stayed with the program for sixty days, and I aspire to bypass those results this time.

goj81bsath3n.jpg

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good job. Kick those old habits. I don't know what is harder, taking it off or keeping it off.
    I think about this statement every time I start to think how hard it is to eat healthy. I think about all the dr. appointments others go to, the cost of the meds they take, The PO moments they have when things don't fit and how you tell yourself you had a choice and this is what you chose. I look at my salads I have for lunch and have to remember to be thankful for the heartburn I don't get. I don't think we give ourselves enough credit. I am all for celebrating everyday you do something good for your health. Why don't we look at a doughnut as a deprived of nutrition.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    Good job. Kick those old habits. I don't know what is harder, taking it off or keeping it off.
    I think about this statement every time I start to think how hard it is to eat healthy. I think about all the dr. appointments others go to, the cost of the meds they take, The PO moments they have when things don't fit and how you tell yourself you had a choice and this is what you chose. I look at my salads I have for lunch and have to remember to be thankful for the heartburn I don't get. I don't think we give ourselves enough credit. I am all for celebrating everyday you do something good for your health. Why don't we look at a doughnut as a deprived of nutrition.

What's funny is that it is so hard to lose a lot of weight that by the time you actually do lose a lot, you sometimes think that you got things licked, so you get cocky and lazy not realizing that is what got you into trouble in the first place. Then, before you know it, you have gained a bunch back because you haven't had to master maintenance before. I mean, if you had been good at maintenance, you wouldn't have gotten heavy in the first place. It really is ironic how that works. Once I did the shred for 60 days and thought that I was ready to move on to another Jillian Michaels DVD because I was bored with the 30 day shred. I also thought I had become fit enough in just two months that I could handle a harder one. WRONG! I SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH WHAT WAS STILL WORKING FOR ME. When I tried Ripped in 30, it was too hard and I lost all motivation. That is when I gave up on working out all together. That is one thing I learned not to do again.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I was dodn50 pounds and kept 40 off for 6 years till I added 10. It took me a couple of years and now the extra 10 is gone but I still have 10 to go. It is tough. I just want to get tone more than anything.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    Your ability to keep the weight off for so many years inspires me.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I completely agree losing was never the hard part. Don't get me wrong, it took so much effort. But I think because my mind was focused on a goal, because paying attention to that goal was always part of my day, it was easier for me than maintenance. As soon as I decided I was maintaining, i no longer had my laser focus on my goal. Without that, everything else became more important. Where I used to prioritize workouts, suddenly I was prioritizing everything else, because "I'm just maintaining, so it's ok if I miss a few workouts, or have an extra few calories". I guess it's just something we need to continue focusing on. Lynnbaum I'd love to know what you did to maintain.
  • DustyPinkRose
    DustyPinkRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to stick to the program as well, being consistent is a goal of mine.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My goal is stick to the program consistently and indefinitely. I need the thirty minutes of cardio and strength training for health reasons plus I need to drop weight. But I'm more interested in the health benefits it is adding to my life!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    dino1147 wrote: »
    My goal is stick to the program consistently and indefinitely. I need the thirty minutes of cardio and strength training for health reasons plus I need to drop weight. But I'm more interested in the health benefits it is adding to my life!

I, too, would like to stick to it indefinitely. I think it would be a good maintenance program.
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get through these 30 days, and do the program once a day. And in addition, add any cardio I can squeeze in, along with weights, if I can. I want to drop 10 lbs by May 4th.
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just want to get through this 30 days, hopefully tighten up my belly and back while trying to get a couple more lbs off this month.

Once done I may repeat, or will move on to a new workout to keep motivated. I hope to slowly start incorporating running again now that the weather is nice. If I get my stamina back up I'll probably run 2-3 times/week like I used to. It's good for me and my dogs! Recently I've been looking at strong lifts and similar programs and if shred can start to build a little strength I'm may try to add some lifting for this flabbiness too.