Fast saga

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
So I ended my 5 day fast on Friday evening. I've eaten keto Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm +2 lbs but that's expected. It will fall back off. I'm not worried. Today I am fasting. Hopefully I'll fast tomorrow as well. Wednesday I have lunch plans with a friend I haven't seen in several years. I plan to do Panera and get a half Greek Goddess salad. It's keto friendly. I may or may not get broccoli cheddar soup (1/2 cup). We'll see how hungry I am. I'll get back to my fasting after that.

How's everyone else doing?

Replies

• TillyManning
    TillyManning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwen, thank you for sharing your experience. I have not yet tried fasting but am only a few weeks into embracing the keto lifestyle. I'm curious if during your fast you only had water, or allowed bulletproof coffee and/or bouillon cubes. What worked best for you to continue feeling good while fasting? Thanks!
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Hi Tilly, I'm fasting now. I'm hoping to go several days...we'll see. lol
    I don't give up my coffee...so, I have my coffee bulletproof style meaning I don't buy their coffee but I do add the MCT oil, butter, etc to it. I also drink flavored water (but I've cut down on the flavoring) and bouillon cubes once during a fast usually -- not daily because of the sodium.
  • TillyManning
    TillyManning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck with your fast!
  • gwenmf
    Options
    That fast ended Saturday. I didn't make several days...only 3. I'm fasting again today. We'll see for how long. lol