Hgc and Keto?

Options
christihubbart
christihubbart Posts: 23 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Has any one tried HGC and Keto together? Would it work? I tried to Google it, I found a blog where a girl would do a fast fat for three days and then HGC protocol for four days, and continue in this pattern for the 42 days. Thoughts?

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    From my limited knowledge of HGC, I believe it is unhealthy and will damage your metabolism in the long run. It falls into the "quick fix" category whereas all real success will fall into the "changed lifestyle" category.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Everything I have read about it (which is very little) indicates the pills you can buy OTC are a scam and combined with what seems to be a 500 calorie a day diet, the HGC diet is unhealthy. Nourish yourself with a modest calorie deficit of real keto foods and you will be fine.

There is no healthy quick fix. A calorie deficit and patience are the only things most people need to lose excess weight. Eating low carb and/or keto can be a great help to keep you satiated and minimize cravings.

What is recommended after the 6th week? It is best to lose weight in the fashion you intend to use to maintain for life.
  • christihubbart
    christihubbart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I've done the hgc three rounds. I lost 50 lbs. I need to lose another 20 to 25. I'm trying the Keto, so far lost minimal weight but 13 inches the first two weeks. I'm excited to measure again today. I'm three weeks in. I have hypothyroidism too, which makes it even harder for me to lose. Just thinking about different options. I think once the weight is off I know what to do to maintain, life style change.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The theoretical use of HCG is to stop you from feeling hungry and to make you burn fat while preserving lean mass. That's exactly what a proper keto diet will do so you can get similar effects without spending hundreds of dollars on prescriptions and shooting yourself up with hormones. Most people who say they are doing HCG are using homeopathic drops they put under their tongues. The problem with this is that there is no HCG in the drops. The point of homeopathy is to dilute the remedy to the point there is nothing left of the original substance. The results they are getting is due to starving themselves on 500 calories a day. Even sublingual use of actual prescription HCG doesn't absorb in any significant way as it doesn't increase serum levels. The only way to actually get HCG into your blood is by injection of the real substance prescribed by a doctor, and even then, there's minimal quality research on it's effectiveness for weight loss. It's your body and your choice, but in the same situation I would pick keto for weight loss as it isn't a starvation diet and you can still get the necessary nutrients for health. It's hard to get in the nutrients you need on 500 calories a day.