New Beginning

Options
Meltingangel
Meltingangel Posts: 128 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Hi all,
After reading lots of success stories about 5:2, I am starting my journey here.

SW: 155.7 lbs >:)
GW: 125 lbs
Height: 5'2.2

My plan for April
1: Saturday / Fasting Day - 500 calories
2: Sunday / 1200 calories
3: Monday /1200 calories
4: Tuesday / Fasting Day - 500 calories
5: Wednesday / 1200 calories
6: Thursday / 1200 calories
7: Friday / 1200 calories

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the group and here is wishing you success!
    Your height and weight are pretty similar to mine, so I will give you this word of advice/experience: I think 1200 calories is a bit too low. Your maintenance if you are sedentary should be somewhere between 1600-1700 per day. Fasting cuts out about 2000 per week, plus any activity/exercise you get. This makes about a pound a week loss. Cutting out additional calories on top of that might be a bit too much and send you running to the cupboard for snacks. Just my experience here, I hope this helps.
  • felineart
    felineart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just starting out as well. I'm taking it in smaller steps, I'm not that strong
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    I am on the newer side. Started a few weeks ago and am following a similar plan. Only I am 5'4" and I am at about 208 pounds as of this AM. I am looking to get down to 175 for now and lower as time goes on...
    I am doing light days on Mondays and Thursdays and I am eating around 1500 or a little under on my regular days and to build in a little "cushion" for some weekend splurges such as beer / wine and a meal or two out.
    I drink tons of water and green tea with no sugar. I am feeling pretty good with hunger levels on light and regular days I must say. HTH
    :)
  • StrengthOfABear
    StrengthOfABear Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey folks just found the group, had kinda forgot about 5:2 but I've hit a plateau after losing 23lbs so need to shake things up. I need to go away and have a look at the recommendations. I'm currently a little over 13 1/2 stone and I'm 5'3. I'll check in again soon, am currently nursing a dodgy knee (I strained something in it sitting down the other day.....! ) so no cycling this week I'd say and it's been my go to. Hope you are having good weeks. Night.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi StrengthofaBear. Welcome. Hope your knee feels better. Hope to see you soon.
  • StrengthOfABear
    StrengthOfABear Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Hi StrengthofaBear. Welcome. Hope your knee feels better. Hope to see you soon.

Hey Thanks Meghan, did my first fast today (not ever). Did a bit of reading earlier so feeling a bit better versed. Those inflammation benefits will be sweet! The knee is being a bit bold today but I'm tiger balming it and some light stretches.

How are you finding 5:2?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Glad you are here!
    I am the same way. I like to read as much as I can before I start something. I read the Fast Diet book and bought the cook book. Good stuff!

Good luck with your knee. That is no fun... I hear that turmeric is good for fighting inflamation. If you have a Pinterest account, do a search for anti-inflamation smoothies (at least for on your non-light days)!
    I have a coworker who's friend is fighting a bad knee and he "cured" it by drinking anti-inflammatory fruit smoothies with turmeric in them. :o
    I am a cancer survivor so there are many health benefits there too for adding turmeric to the diet. I like to sprinkle it on cauliflower and roast it with a little olive oil and spicy paprika. Yummy!

I have to say I am really liking 5:2. My boyfriend is doing it with me, so that helps. We have each other for support or to complain to LOL. But all and all we think it is a great plan and you can really do well on it if you give it a chance. The light days really are not bad... Today is my second light day of the week. No complaints. Had my lunch and am having green tea and water. Tonight I have a hair appointment after work so I won't be able to eat dinner until around 7pm which is good for me. Evenings are when I tend to be hungry. I tend to save a piece of fruit as an emergency or I have a cup of tea at night after dinner. So far so good. Been hovering at 500 or a tad over when you add in my darn coconut palm sugar that I put in my black coffee in the AM.

Hope the rest of your night goes well! :)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and have PCOS. I've always been fit and healthy weight, but I gained about 10 pounds in 2015-2016 and have been working on losing the fluff for a few months without any progress. (Gain 1 / Lose 1, over and over.) I just started IF for 2 days a week to see if it helps! :smiley: Today was day one and it was actually pretty easy and I felt pretty damn good all day. Looking forward to showing off the muscles I've been building up over the last few months of the gym. I hope to make some supportive friends here.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi 06Cindy! Welcome to our group!
    Good, I hope this plan works for you. I have found it to be pretty easy and doable as well. And it is working for me, which is awesome. I really can't say that about any other plan in the last year. So go 5:2! LOL
    Cool - good for you with the muscles! :D
  • Kerdonkas
    Kerdonkas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Meltingangel, my height is 5'2'' and I have customised the calorie intake to 1400 in my profile. Also aiming for 125 lbs as that was the GW that I used a couple of years ago. About 10 lbs have crept on over last winter. I found 1400 was a good target on non fast days, stuck to a maximum of 500 on fast days and usually one day I week I would be nearer to 1800 - 2000 calories. I sit down most of the day, so use the Sedentary settings for activity levels. It worked before (I originally lost 21 lbs) but I'm a bit older (60+) and not expecting such good results in the same time span. Good Luck!