Up coming surgery

Options
ashleyhud21
ashleyhud21 Posts: 6 Member
Nervous and excited! Surgery is April 17th. I'm currently on the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. Started it on Monday and already down 15 lbs! Getting in my daily walking and active with 3 girls ages 9, 7, and 2.

Replies

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you!!!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    YAY!!

My surgery is May 1st. Thankfully we only have a 24 hour liquid diet that we have to do. Good luck and keep us posted with how you are doing!
  • ashleyhud21
    Options
    I'm hangry today! I just want something to chew
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @ashleyhud21 if you are hungry have a protein shake, broth or sugar free jello. Good luck - the journey is so worth it!!!
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please keep us all posted with your progress. That is awsome! I hope I can do as well. My surgery is scheduled for April 21st. They have me doing one week liquid pre-op, so I haven't started quite yet. So excited though!
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 20 lbs for surgery. I'm aiming to have mine before may is over
  • ashleyhud21
    Options
    Doing this liquid diet since Monday and I have lost 18.5 as of this morning. You can do it!
  • lifesavr
    lifesavr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't been scheduled yet, but it will probably be in the next couple of months. I was put on a 1800 calorie diet and have dropped myself down to 1500 calories. So I have lost about 40lbs, and I go to the YMCA and do the aquatic exercise program and then go lift some weights for several hrs. I feel good with this routine. Surely nervous about having surgery, but excited about getting my life back. Good luck with your surgery. You will be in my thoughts!! I just found this group. MyFitnessPal app is what i am using to keep track of my eating and my exercise.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope I lose like that on my two week liquid diet! Congratulations!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @lifesavr I would venture to say that anyone who is a post op would agree that we were all nervous at some point before surgery but that after the surgery was over and we started getting back to normal life of sorts that we all have one regret and that is not getting surgery sooner.

It's definitely a scary process but well worth it. Feeling better is such a relief and it's awesome to WANT to go shopping...there are definitely some days that are better than others. This has been an awesome group as well for support, motivation and suggestions. Good luck! :)
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I always feel funny saying good luck about surgery and it was weird when people wished me good luck. It makes it sound like luck is involved in the process and I think it's all skill based and making smart choices. You will all do well and be successful on this journey. The process is scary and exciting at the same time. Its like standing in line for the largest roller coaster knowing what to expect but not quite sure.

I had the two week liquid diet followed by two more weeks of liquid, and finally pureed foods (which are just like liquids). I think overall I had 31 days of that did not require chewing. I wasn't sure I would know how to use my teeth when I finally got to what was referred to as mechanically processed foods (nothing bigger than a pencil eraser).

I'll be praying for you, your doctors, and the people that will be supporting you. It's a wild ride but you all have the skill set for success.

• Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous and scared about the surgery. It's all of the unknown things that are causing my fears. Praying all will turn out fine. Good luck to you.