Progression check

Options
tsawrie
tsawrie Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
I started SL March and due to work, can't always make it 3 days a week.
My starting weight on everything was 45lbs (I didn't know where to start so I started there). This week, my lifts were:
Squat - 80
Bench - 60
Row - 80
DL - 125
OH Press - 65
I was actually supposed to be at 75lbs on the OH press but I hit failure and had to drop to 65 just to complete 1 set.
Is this progression about normal?
My stats: 46 y/o, weigh 155

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    whoa. well, 65lb press after a month is amazing.

the progression that's 'normal' is whatever you can do and feel like you're lifting heavy, but not feel like you're compromising your form. so, basically, if it's working for you then i wouldn't fret too much on specific numbers.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What canadianlbs said, for one.

The one thing that catches my eye though is that your overhead press is higher than bench. Do you have issues with the bench press? It's generally a much stronger position for everyone than the overhead press. Are your shoulders hurting doing it or something?
  • tsawrie
    tsawrie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    krokador wrote: »

The one thing that catches my eye though is that your overhead press is higher than bench. Do you have issues with the bench press? It's generally a much stronger position for everyone than the overhead press. Are your shoulders hurting doing it or something?

Thanks for the input. I missed a few workouts that involved the bench, otherwise they would be the same. I'm struggling with the OHP but still progressing in the bench press.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    tsawrie wrote: »
    krokador wrote: »

Thanks for the input. I missed a few workouts that involved the bench, otherwise they would be the same. I'm struggling with the OHP but still progressing in the bench press.

Oh, then I think I would suggest going forward that you don't miss workouts! ;) (Not in the "don't ever skip the gym" way, but more of a "can't go today, I'll do the workout I was supposed to do next". Otherwise, it might become a bad habit to "miss" workouts that you don't enjoy as much, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you want!)