21 day fix and other beach body programs

Options
Annie831
Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
Hey is anyone here doing the 21 day fix or any other beach body program. I have done the 21 day fix in the past and the videos and the eating plan do really work for me I just suck at meal prep so usually don't eat right. Any one have any bb programs that work for them ?

Replies

• lnewsome
    lnewsome Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've used 21 day fix as well. I've also done Les Mills Combat and Body Beast. All three programs are awesome. 21 day fix is a great program to start off with and learn how to eat right. Combat is a great program to shred your stomach muscles. I used 21 day fix meal plan with Combat as well. Body Beast is a weight lifting program and is great if you just want to tone or build muscles. All Beachbody programs are great, but right now I am just using myfitnesspal to keep track of what I am eating bc I have developed some type of nerve issue in my upper thigh. So until I get a proper diagnosis, I'm choosing to not workout. Maybe some upper body stuff, but i'm also having back pains so i'm trying to just watch what i'm eating at this point. Definitely add me. I would love more friends to motivate me and talk to when I can.
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've done most of the P90x program, and am starting to do it again actually. I have Insanity, and PiYo also. I love them, Insanity is just too intense for me at this level of fitness. :) I too suck at proper eating. I lost about 60 lbs in my early 20's just doing protein powder and fruit smoothies for breakfast, or oatmeal on cold days. Grilled chicken with brown rice and normandy veggies, or chicken with a garden salad for lunch. And one or the other, chicken meal or smoothie, for dinner. I was running/jogging about 5 miles a day and doing a lot of pilates and yoga for body weight training and flexibility. I haven't been able to get back to that level of rigidity in my eating, but maybe one day. LoL
  • jessi1199
    jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like 21 Day Fix workouts a lot. I have never done the program as it's written, though. I use the weight workouts only and run on alternate days. I also have 21 DF Extreme, but I have only tried one of the workouts from that program. I think I'll like it, too, though! I also love Chalean Extreme. I have Piyo...meh...can't stick to it. I also liked Les Mills Pump, but I'm not sure they even sell that one anymore.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    jessi1199 wrote: »
    I like 21 Day Fix workouts a lot. I have never done the program as it's written, though. I use the weight workouts only and run on alternate days. I also have 21 DF Extreme, but I have only tried one of the workouts from that program. I think I'll like it, too, though! I also love Chalean Extreme. I have Piyo...meh...can't stick to it. I also liked Les Mills Pump, but I'm not sure they even sell that one anymore.

Ive tried to find les mills and yup its gone:(
  • Sunshinesky1982
    Sunshinesky1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive done the Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire programs, Turbo Jam is great kickboxing beginner workout and Turbofire is higher level, both are superfun and easy to do in a small space (i.e. apartment) when can't make it to the gym. I love Chalene Johnson the instructor too she is motivating without being annoying!
  • RaZella
    RaZella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did P90 as a way to get started back into a healthy lifestyle. I really liked it as a good starting point. I've currently been doing the 21DF and LOVE it. I am seeing the changes in my body and the toning is fantastic. I also love how it's different every day. My goal is to do the extreme in the fall. :)
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X3 and 21 Day Fix Extreme several times but not full rounds.
    From just the results I got, 21DFX is good for a short-term, event-focused type of goal and helped me to keep my workout routine on track (say, pulling me back from a random, not-planned, purely cardio-focused weekly schedule). P90X3, on the other hand, is good for more advanced goals (I think). For me, it's not just for weight-loss purpose but also structured muscle strength improvement. IMO, it can't replaced other progressive weight-lifting beginner's programs, but I like the weight-training part in P90X3 for muscles I don't get trained much (I'm super weak in pull-ups)...
    I didn't follow neither nutritional guidelines cuz I felt like it's for real beginners who just started learning the basics.
    Unfortunately, I can't really stick to one program long without feeling boring quickly. That's why I always mix them up with programs from Les Mills (from Les Mills On Demand) and only plan to start another half-round (first two months of P90X3, to be precise) when I feel like I need another "reset" from a chaotic, non-planned schedule.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I did 21 day fix! Lost 25 lbs...50 to go starting round 5