Low carb/keto cheesecake

WVWalkerFriend
WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
I will be attempting this for the first time this Easter and was wondering if anyone here has tried it and has tips? I have a recipe from Pinterest. I'm also trying a LC peanut butter pie, thing.

Replies

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    I have not...but please let us know how it turns out.
  • WVWalkerFriend
    Will do.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    At Thanksgiving, I made mini cheese cakes in a muffin tin and they were great. My recipe called for a crust with almond flour and butter. I added some chopped pecans to make it crispier and I really liked it. I also made a dairy free version at Christmas for my mom. I used Tofutti cream cheese and coconut oil instead of butter. They were really good too!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    @LowCarb4Me2016 , can you post the recipe? I was just googling recipes for cheesecake yesterday. Found one that sounded promising. And easy, which is uber important for me as I'm a disaster in the kitchen.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I made one once. I just used a traditional recipe but used stevia/erythritol instead of sugar.
    I made the kind you bake.
    It was perfect.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    I made a keto baked cheesecake for xmas (google new York style keto cheesecake). It was great. Didn't tell the non low carbers it was sugar free and everyone ate it.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    I made this over the holiday season, it contains pumpkin, and it was the best cheesecake I ever baked. I've done some but not dozens of them.

https://www.verywell.com/low-carb-pumpkin-cheesecake-2242158

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Hi! Made two so far, one with no crust and strawberry topping (slightly higher carbs ) and trivia. The other one with a almond crust and sucralose. I liked the strawberry one the best but the truvua was very sweet. My family DEVOURED the nut crust one that was ok to me, I preferred no crust. Surprisingly it was way less sweet than the truvia.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    For a tasty dessert (kinda like a cheesecake and kinda like a cheesecake flavored gelatin dessert) I make the cheesecake recipe on the back of the Knox unflavored gelatin box, substituting granulated Splenda for the sugar and adding a few drops of McCormick lemon or orange extract to amp up the flavor. And, of course, omitting the ready-made graham cracker crust the recipe calls for.

Even in my pre-LC days, I thought the crust on most cheesecakes was unnecessary and, in many cases, soggy and unappealing. As with quiche, I consider crustless an improvement. If you miss the crunch factor, you can sprinkle a small handful of chopped nuts on top of your cheesecake.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I made a traditional cheesecake with almond flour instead of graham cracker for the crust and splenda instead of the sugar. The crust was super delicious, like a roasted nut flavor, and nice and toasted and crisp on the bottom...the cheesecake part tasted exactly the same...do make sure the bottom of your cheesecake is exposed to heat if you want it to crisp up, don't put your pan of water UNDER your cheesecake or you won't get that lovely toasted flavor and texture.
  • WVWalkerFriend
    Thanks all! I will attempt to post the recipe tonight, as Pinterest is blocked at work. I can't bake right now as my oven is not working so I had to find a couple of no-bake options.
  • jrolls79
    jrolls79 Posts: 12 Member
    Check out I eat I'm Hungry blog. She has a several recipes on her site and I haven't made a bad thing from her yet.
  • WVWalkerFriend
    Will do, thanks!
  • WVWalkerFriend
    Ok I can't get it to copy/paste but the recipe is 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1 cup of heavy cream, and 1/4 c of Splenda. Blend well and set in the fridge over night. I'm planning to double it and add fresh strawberries.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    That sounds super easy! Thank you!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    I do quicky fake-*kitten* cheesecake type things pretty often. Just did one tonight with 2 oz cream cheese, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, cocoa powder, truvia, and vanilla. Just mixed it up by hand and grubbed it. At some point I'll get around to doing something that more formally resembles a cheesecake rather than just a tart-sweet, delicious goop in a bowl.
  • WVWalkerFriend
    That sounds good, too!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I'm all for easy peanut buttery, chocolatey goop in a bowl. Sounds yummy.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    I made one for my birthday, I wasn't impressed with it but I'm gong to try again it again with a different recipe. The one I made was eggs, sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla and stevia.
  • jrolls79
    jrolls79 Posts: 12 Member
    I made the one from the blog I recommend earlier. Turned out fantastic. Took it to work where everyone raved over it. No one would believe it was low carb. It was easy also. I used Swerve sugar substitute.