Keto fat fast?

Options
vidaliababy
vidaliababy Posts: 15 Member
I recently went on a weekend trip and I completely threw Keto out the window. I heard fasting helps get back into Ketosis but I also heard of a fat fast. Has anyone ever tried this? Essentially I guess it's shooting for 80% fat and low calories. By the way. These carbs did me some harm! I gained 5 pounds :( HELP!

Replies

• ketogyrl27
    ketogyrl27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but sounds interesting
  • makinit10
    makinit10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have any info on this either. I think just go back to regular keto. The 5 pound gain is from water & inflammation which will leave with just keto eating within a week.
  • vidaliababy
    Options
    Thank you! I figured as well! Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get back into ketosis :)
  • jmickels88
    jmickels88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would eliminate the carbs, increase the fat back up to 80%, and get plenty of water and electrolytes. Also idk what kind of exercising you do but if do some weight training or HIIT it's the quickest way to get that glycogen from the carbs back out of your system.
  • vidaliababy
    Options
    Thank you! That's exactly what I did. I went up to 80-85 % fat, cut my calories, and did a lot of high intensity/resistance training! I feel so much better already
  • vicmoy
    vicmoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    vidalia - here's the link to the fat fast you were speaking of (https://www.ruled.me/using-fat-fasting-technique/). I started this about two days ago and using keto test strips - I was deep in it by end of day 2. I did take it easy though (no HIT just light strength training).
  • vidaliababy
    Options
    Thanks!!!!