Just checking in

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
So, I spent the weekend out of town. Which means I met family/friends for breakfasts, dinners, etc. Hence no fasting since Friday.

Since then, I have eaten mostly intermittently (IF) MOSTLY. My blood ketones have fluctuated between 0.8-2.3 since Friday. I think part of the low reading was taking my blood too soon after I ate...because my glucose was higher than normal. I think it would have been better had I waited a full 2 hours after eating as I usually do. Still I didn't come out of ketosis, since the lowest level was 0.8. To be in ketosis, the range is 0.5-3.0.

I spent Sat, Sun, Mon out of town. I weighed Tues morning and had only dropped 0.2 since Friday. Today I weighed (I weigh daily because I want to learn what my body does with what I eat/or fast) and I am down another pound even with eating dinner last night...and a snack of skinny popcorn. Yes, I actually ate popcorn which is one of my favorite treats!! lol It is 12 carbs per serving (28g), but I cut that in half and have packaged up 14g in sandwich bags which makes it only 6 carbs.

I'm now down a total of 25 pounds! I'm about 1/3 down of what I want to be. A whole 1/3~!!!! I am truly making some progress. And - this isn't killing me!! lol

Replies

• fit2benu
    fit2benu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far. I wanted to let you know that I purchased some of the carbquik you mentioned some time back
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Do you like it? I haven't made anything with that in a while...but given the day I've had a nice warm bisquit with yummy butter sounds like Heaven! :-)
  • fit2benu
    fit2benu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've tried a recipe for biscuits using the carbquik. They tasted ok but not quite the texture of a biscuit I was looking for.
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Hi fit2benu, I don't find myself missing bread too much but the carbquik biscuits are exactly like what I'm used to. Next I plan to try the grilled cheese with cauliflour "bread". have you tried that?