How do you use mfp?

rh0322
rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
Wondering how this group uses mfp ....to track calories, macros or both?? I am stalled in my weight loss (only have 10 to lose) and have been charting to track nutrients and macros. I monitor sugar below 25g (most days) and carbs 75g or less (below 25%). The rest I let be as the day goes. Right now % are 25/45/30 (carbs, fat , protein). I usually stay within those %, but calories higher bc I work out and mfp adds it back in. I usually do not use all alloted....

I know Paleo doesn't worry about calories but wondering if that's something I should monitor more to jump start something.

Replies

• SortaPaleoDan
    SortaPaleoDan Posts: 2 Member
    I used to use it for macros, not so much anymore. I guess it's great for tracking sugar intake and making sure carbs arn't too out of control. I'm a dairy drinking Paleo, its modified I guess. Love it so far, but I'm trying to gain, not lose.
  • Legion229
    Legion229 Posts: 33 Member
    I still track everything, mainly to keep myself on track. I also my activity, because I also believe at the end of the day, it comes down to calories in vs calories out.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I am trying to gain weight, but I have to stick with low carb as well. I track everything, but pay closer attention to carbs, iron, and calcium levels for health reasons.