Bullet Proof Coffee

Options
eldenstein
eldenstein Posts: 4 Member
Comments? Ingredients? Opinions? Recipes? Experiences.

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There is an official recipe but I use LouAnn's coconut oil from Walmart and stick butter from Aldi. There is another recipe that goes a step further where you add an egg and as weird as it sounds its really good. I have it most mornings with some bacon and call it breakfast. I've found it gives me energy and keeps me from snacking.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nope. Decaf with 1/2 and 1/2 or HWC. I did the coconut oil thing. I still drink it occasionally but it is not a staple in my WOE. Tasty though.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink it every morning, I load mine up, it's the only way I can meet my calorie goals for the day :/ I make mine with half a pot of coffee, instead of just a cup. Tablespoon each of butter and coconut oil and either almond milk or coconut milk 1/2 cup, I don't like to waste my carbs on HWC or half and half. Sometimes I'll add in a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, I plan my meals the night before so if I see I won't have enough protein for the day I'll add in a scoop to my BPC, plus it adds the vanilla flavor :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott gave me the awesome idea of putting a Tbsp. of mascarpone cheese for a really yummy treat.....

It's been awhile since I've done it, but was thinking tomorrow might be the day!
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Blech! Nope. I don't partake. I like my coffee straight up no add ons!
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    High quality Coconut oil, and grass fed butter, with hot coffee, in a blender.
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with a tablespoon of butter, tablespoon of HWC, couple drops of Stevia and some cinnamon. It holds me over until lunch and I have enough energy and no hunger pangs.
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I had it for a while, but the calories were too high for me. Also, I found just shaking it in a thermos was sufficient for mixing and easier than a blender.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    HermanLily wrote: »
    High quality Coconut oil, and grass fed butter, with hot coffee, in a blender.

Yup, me too. I'm yet to add heavy (double, we call it) cream, but since beginning this new lifestyle, I can honestly say I'm prepared to try absolutely anything.

Well.

Almost anything, except Incest and Morris Dancing. My dad told me to avoid those, so I do....
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    @RalfLott gave me the awesome idea of putting a Tbsp. of mascarpone cheese for a really yummy treat.....

It's been awhile since I've done it, but was thinking tomorrow might be the day!

Yummy! Great idea... I'm on it right now. Mmmmmmm..... :yum:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I had a fairly low calorie version of it at one time.
    I used 1Tbs C8 MCT oil (MiCkeyT8) and 1/2Tbs butter sometimes. I cut the butter when fat loss slowed. I really just stopped the MCT because I ran out and hadn't been able to replace it. The MCT helped with my ADHD symptoms but I'm feeling pretty good since I've been out too. I suspect I've just gotten used to not having it or perhaps there's just been more healing ... who knows.
    I still say it's a great source of quick mental energy though.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

@Catawampous I too, am a purist. But, I will splurge on a bit of HWC occasionally; It's only in the last cup of the day though.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »

@Catawampous I too, am a purist. But, I will splurge on a bit of HWC occasionally; It's only in the last cup of the day though.

This is me as well - first 2 cups are black or black with truvia and the final cup has HWC. If I drink coffee later in the day, it's always black.

Tried the butter/coconut cream/etc and just went gack!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. Couldn't do it. The mouth-feel was too slimy. I WANTED to love it. Maybe I should try again without the coconut oil. I don't now. Bleh. I'll stick to HWC!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Did it for a while. Don't like it enough to have it instead of food though. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have coconut oil in a hot drink I prefer it in hot tea for some reason. Like a Chai....Not a fan in coffee myself.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a fan of coffee period so BPC is not a thing for me. I've never tried nor have I ever felt the need/desire to try it. I don't like any other food even remotely coffee flavored either so Low Carb recipes for coffee flavored ice cream or Mocha fat bombs (candies, etc.)...forget about it. I probably drink less than 6 cups of coffee total per year and that in one of two circumstances: (1) during the summer, I will occasionally get a craving for a good iced-coffee; and (2) during the winter, if I'm cold to the point that I find I simply cannot warm up no matter what I've tried, then a hot cup of coffee comes to my rescue. That said, if YOU like coffee, then by all means try BPC. It definitely seems to be an individual thing.
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee is the only way I can get close to my fat macro. I usually use two Tablespoons of HWC, 1 T coconut oil and 1 T butter. I blend with an immersion blender until the cream starts to froth. It makes a nice breakfast that keeps me full until at least 1 oclock.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    If I'm going to have coconut oil in a hot drink I prefer it in hot tea for some reason. Like a Chai....Not a fan in coffee myself.

I've made BP chai and it was yummy.
  • eldenstein
    eldenstein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All these answers have been so helpful We could start a BPC cookbook. Thanks.