SKIN REMOVAL!!!

Options
NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
I HAVE A DATE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I will be having a CRAP TON done on July 18! I cannot even believe it!

I will be having the fleur de lis abdominoplasty (vertical and horizontal), Upper torsoplasty, lateral chestplasty, and extended arm lift.

Fleur de lis is both vertical and horizontal incisions. Torsoplasty will be a circumferential incision and smooth out the excess skin on the chest and back. Lateral chestplasty will help take care of the skin on the sides of the chest and put the girls back in place. Extended arm lift goes elbows to armpits to get rid of the bat wings.

I'm going to be all Frankensteined, but I don't care. It's to the point that dressing myself is ridiculous and uncomfortable.

Now, I know everyone will ask what insurance is covering, if I got it approved, yadda yadda. NOPE. SELF-PAY. I'm taking a line of credit on my home and paying myself. I would take a loan for a car, so why not for my body? SELF PAY? YOU'RE NUTS! Nope. I'm nuts because I'm going to Tijuana! I have three personal recommendations to Dr. Irving Rodriguez. So, I'm doing it!

Questions will be answered. Criticisms met with snark and sarcasm. :wink:

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations my friend!! Very excited for you! I know I won't be able to get to Mexico and am sure I will not pass my insurance's requirements but will speak to my surgeon at my 1 year follow up next week.

Will research other options in the meantime :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! I wouldn't mind having the chesticles tuned up... but I can't commit to the recovery time yet!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!!! It's in the back of my mind to have it done, so keep us updated on your progress with it. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to, but you never know. Are you only planning on upper body, or do you plan on doing lower body too in the future?
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the plunge! So exciting. My friend just had Fleur de lis, breast lift, arm lift and thigh lipo, and she is doing great!! She is so happy with the results. It's been about a month and she showed me her scars...they are healing nicely. Wow does her figure look great in her clothes...Everything looks great!

I dont think it's crazy to go to Mexico, at all. I am having my VSG with Dr Illan on April 21st and if I ever do plastics, my only option will be Mexico or another country. I did a TON of research before making my decision and talked to a bunch of his happy patients. Seeing so many happy and successful patients made it an easy decision for me. I'm still a tad nervous for surgery but I would be no matter where I was having it.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @chubby_checkers The thighs scare the crap out of me, lol! I don't know. We'll see after I heal...I'm sure with the top half looking great, I'll want the bottom to match!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!! I've been researching like crazy and it definitely looks like I'll be going to Mexico. I can't wait to "stalk" your journey!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yay! So excited for you. :smile:

It really sucks to lose so much weight and still not be comfortable with your looks, both physically and mentally. Skin removal is a great tool to help with that. When I get to that road, I'll consider skin removal as well.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Once I lose the weight I'm doing the same thing!!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's sooo freaking exciting!!! Congratulations! I think I'm going to have to self pay as well. Both times I tried to get approved for skin removal and breast reconstruction I've been turned down. Looking forward to watching your journey!!!!
  • Aartman97
    Aartman97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's exciting! Did you go to Mexico for a consultation? I am looking into having it done also.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @Aartman97 No, you don't have to go for a consultation. I sent lots of photos and opted for a video consultation.

@rpyle111 My question to you is, do you want the messed up stories from the "men" I'm meeting out at bars and social functions, or just the dating websites? Because there's only two men left from the websites...and one is Food and Fun, our stories are pretty mundane at this point. But, DEFINITELY, I will keep you updated if you want, lol! I'm quite the adventurous lass. :wink:
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the plunge! So exciting. My friend just had Fleur de lis, breast lift, arm lift and thigh lipo, and she is doing great!! She is so happy with the results. It's been about a month and she showed me her scars...they are healing nicely. Wow does her figure look great in her clothes...Everything looks great!

I dont think it's crazy to go to Mexico, at all. I am having my VSG with Dr Illan on April 21st and if I ever do plastics, my only option will be Mexico or another country. I did a TON of research before making my decision and talked to a bunch of his happy patients. Seeing so many happy and successful patients made it an easy decision for me. I'm still a tad nervous for surgery but I would be no matter where I was having it.

I'm curios to know how your friend's thigh lift went. I know I will need work done... I fear the worst for me will be my legs... I am already stunned by what I did not my body letting my weight be out of control for so long..... Any information on the legs is appreciated. :)
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am super excited for you Nicole and cannot wait to see your pictures!
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    Oh yes! Pictures will be taken along the way regularly, and at some point shared!

@elyseinchi a local surgeon dislikes doing thigh lifts. He says they are incredibly hard to heal because of the location of the incisions and where they ultimately get tacked up. I know a few women locally that had them done and had them pop open. They are all incredibly happy now with the results but agreed healing was awful.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I can't wait to see your results!!
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you! ☺
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How much recovery time are you looking at?
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    How much recovery time are you looking at?

They told me three weeks off work. I'm taking 34 days. :smiley: