Any low carb vegetarians?

Options
I've been a veggie for 23 years. I'm not cutting out carbs altogether, but I try and limit them. I eat a lot of Quorn and other meat substiitutes.

Any other veggie low-carbers?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thats a good question to be honest... I might be mistaken but I think you might be the only one where low-carb generally means natural foods and not frozen processed foods in the meat category....
  • LynFaith
    LynFaith Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am pescatarian. No land animals or products. I am doing keto. I am also gf and react to soy. It's a challenge to get all of my protein. How about you?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    We have a few vegetarians in the group. I believe @tcunbeliever is one who is active.

My wife is vegetarian and has recently given up grains and most sugar. Her vegetarianism is a bit different than most in that she doesn't like the texture or taste of meat, so all those faux meat products out there have no appeal. It has made it difficult for her to cut the grains and find good options. Fortunately she likes eggs and cheese.

In my opinion, there is no better food than eggs from the standpoint of versatility, nutrition and easy/speed of preparation.

I am borderline carnivore, so our family meals are pretty interesting. :p
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegetarian and gluten free to avoid migraines for just over 5 years now - I can eat some seafood...eggs and tuna are staple foods of mine...I can't eat most of the meat substitutes because they are usually made with wheat...I do struggle to get enough protein, and have started using the sun warrior shakes to try and fill in the gaps...I love salads and just about any kind of roasted vegetable!!!
  • jodiewest4567
    jodiewest4567 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I am Vegetarian (incl no eggs). I tend to eat a lot of vegies,tofu & haloumi. I do try to avoid the fake meats. Usually come out about 45-50 carbs per day but that is generally fine & will keep me in keto. My current favourite breakfast is Mango Coconut Yoghurt (Kubu brand, in Australia about 5 carbs per serve) with crushed macadamia nuts. Yumm! Feel free to post your current fav meals...:)