Racing suits

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Who has ever worn one? I bought one about ten months ago and have to do a swim in it today. Am dreading it as I recall trying it on when I bought it and it is the world's most demoralising experience! Need to try a swim in it to make sure I don't split the bum diving in lol.

Not looking forward to this!!!!

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well, it sounds like it helped!! I'm glad you got into it. I can't imagine the struggle. But getting OUT of a wet suit is not picnic either. I saw a post of facebook about swimmers trying to get into racing suits (men and women) and it was hilarious. I laughed until I cried (WITH THEM--they were confused, astonished, and probably demoralized!) WTG, Emma!!! :heart:
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but a lot of my teammates wear them and they say it definitely makes a difference in their race times. I have never seen people wear them at practice though. Mainly because they are super expensive and you don't want to wear them out and also, as you say, they are a nightmare to put on and take off.

Don't you have a super important meet coming up?
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Yep the World Masters Games in 5 days! Really wishing I hadn't been so lazy from December to March lol.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not fast enough for the tech suits to make any difference :D
  • emmab0902
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I'm not fast enough for the tech suits to make any difference :D

I think the slower you are the more beneficial they are!