Question about the girls...No modesty.

Options
2»

Replies

• eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Like @nikoba I've always been "top heavy" and never perky. 44DD at 230+ and now 32D at 105 (5'4" for reference). Definite flat pancakes now which get stuffed in my bra! Honestly, the best thing I did for me was having a proper bra fitting done at Nordstrom's. I was literally in tears after my first fitting and seeing how I looked in my new Wacoal bra. Not inexpensive, but something important to reward myself after years of massive chest embarrassment.

@nikoba I like Natori bras for my idea of running (distance over speed!)

Just have to add @Steph_Maks your new profile photo looks marvelous! Well done!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Lol @ "keeps the girls nice and perky". Keeps? Ha. I haven't been perky since I was 28, and I was not even a C cup back then.

Now, I pretty much just fill a B, and now that I'm 44, I have flapjacks. They lie low and stay away from radar, literally (under my armpits when I sleep at night, or trying to slide out under my bra band when I'm trying to put it on, etc.). Also, they've always been really far apart, so each of the girls thinks she is an only child. No amount of duct tape or Wonder Bra-stuffing is going to get these two to meet, ever. Cleavage? Never had it. Lol. I can go braless in public and basically get away with it because it's flat. #SadButTrue

OMG @bjwoodzy ...I just about died laughing after reading your comment. Love your attitude!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm quite petite, and sadly, when I lose weight, that's also one (or two?) of the loctions which show it. I comfort myself with the fact that my H says more than a mouthful's a waste....

...TMI....? :D

I've always heard it as handful, but whatever makes you both happy!! :lol:
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My body prefers to lose weight from my boobs and fingers. Not my preferred places to be sure. *shakes fist at body* I've gone down in both band sizes and I can tell my cup size is decreasing a bit too but...
    nikoba wrote: »
    I feel like their consistency has gotten mushier.

Yes. The texture of my boobs has changed. Texture? Is that a thing? I just made it a thing.

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Do push-ups. Strengthening your pectoral muscles keeps the girls nice and perky. ;)

^^^ This, I am currently down almost 40 lbs. (from my lifetime highest weight) and my band size only has gone down, I fit better in the DDD cups now. It is the last place I lose weight. I have "muscular" girls, I always get called back in by the mammogram readers to make sure there is nothing unwanted there. My half sister on the other hand lost 30 lbs. recently and went down a cup size but not the band. She has always had a bigger cup size then me so she was delighted. One of my friends (not big busted to begin with) lost 25 lbs and her girls are flat now. So lots of room for variance.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I seriously wish mine would shrink. They've always been a bit on the excessive side. Even when I was at 80 pounds lost, I was just starting to loose a titch there. I lost far more back boob and side boob than actual boob. Also, my feet do not shrink. I get so jealous of people talking of shrinking orbs...

And yes, just like cellulite shifts around and such as skin loosens, breast tissue is primarily fatty tissue, so as fat is burned, the texture will definitely change. I'm a bit floppier now, but as the breast-tech at LB told me, I have shallow breasts, which is the technical term for when they settle down and out rather than remain perky.

As others have said, mine have never really been perky, and I've not been able to go braless since maybe junior high, if then. My bra size varies WIDELY based on the formation of the cup. In the convertible strapless type that essentially has more support without being a Viking style bra, I'm around a 46C, but in conventional styles, I can be anywhere from a 40 G or I to a 48 DDD or anything in between. It is such chaos to find something, even with a store, because with...floppy shallow pancake breasts, each size fits so differently.

Should make tomorrow's smash testing (aka mammogram) easier though, right?

The WORST part of the shifting GIRLS (aka chesticles?) is that they break my underwire supports due to shifting oddly during movement. I am seriously considering investing in an Egyptian inspired "bu-band" support thingie. I DESPISE sports bras, as anything than I can get into without a shoehorn, gallon of coconut oil, and 3 wranglers - it will not have the support I need.

Thanks, ladies, for reminding me that there are struggles on all sides of this equation...
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I feel like people on this thread would feel this song on a deep emotional level (while wincing in pain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZx5zfkG6oU
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That is hilarious. It reminds me of a time when my now ex-husband would get drunk with his friends and wear my bras on his head like a skullcap.

Edited to add - dancing like that will actually cause microskin tears, causing scar tissue and stretch marks to surface later in life... Just FYI.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I felt like in the beginning that I was actually losing less from my breasts that I usually do during weight loss, but now that I've pretty much gotten down to where I want to be they are looking pretty sad again. :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Do push-ups. Strengthening your pectoral muscles keeps the girls nice and perky. ;)

Well.... only if they still live up there in front of the pectoral muscles...
    I kinda have one of these situations going on myself...

Don't mind my terrible drawing. It's hard to draw with your finger on your phone!
    djcpx9jomrb3.jpg

In profile, pecs jut out then below them the boobs make a sad effort...

LOL Yep. That's it right there.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So I'm not gonna make you feel better because -5 boob situation over here. But marathoning > boobs so you know if all else fails you have a better shot at running like the wind ;)

of3qga31g8b0.jpg

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Don't mind my terrible drawing. It's hard to draw with your finger on your phone!
    djcpx9jomrb3.jpg

OMG...This cracked me up! Are you sure you weren't looking at my picture in the mirror? :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

djcpx9jomrb3.jpg

OMG...This cracked me up! Are you sure you weren't looking at my picture in the mirror? :)

Unfortunately I was looking at MY picture! Lol
    I suspected I couldn't alone though.
    Maybe I can get the pecs big enough to look like boobs and just tape down the real boobs at some point? Lol
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

Maybe I can get the pecs big enough to look like boobs and just tape down the real boobs at some point? Lol

Pec cleavage for the win!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

djcpx9jomrb3.jpg

Relates...So much.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I feel like people on this thread would feel this song on a deep emotional level (while wincing in pain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZx5zfkG6oU

Yup, wincing in pain. I hope they got it all in one take!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Crap, I think I dropped another band size...and now I have to find a new bikini top because while I can hook the bras on the closest hook and just kind of suck up them being a bit loose in the cups for a little while, having a peek-a-boo bikini top is just not gonna work, not even short term...<sigh>
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know I'm being totally vein and superficial, but my large/full chest has kinda always been a signature trait. I'm legitimately bummed that they seem to be flattening/drooping. Again, I know this isn't all weightloss, that some of it is likely age, and I just have to accept it and gracefully move on...but man, this is going to be one big body image adjustment for me.