How different apps calculate calories burned.

Options
2»

Replies

• pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't even gotten it to start successfully once. Maybe I'll just switch to emails. Right now it's been trying to use Strava's beacon functionality.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it through Beacon. I'm a very light user of Strava, basically I only send them a ride if it'll affect their global heat map. I've been able to do it through email lately, though.

What power meter did you get? How are you liking it so far?
  • pedermj2002
    Options
    I found out about a tool called Stravistix that makes Strava more stats intensive. I'd suggest checking it out. It's interesting at least.

I got the powertap P1. Really nice, though really pricey. New cleat type for me, and the shoes I had didn't support the look/keo cleat style, which also meant getting new shoes. Clipping in and out is the hardest part for me, especially on the move. Working on that still. And my last big ride the power meter didn't even wake up until I was nearly done (I gave up on trying early because it was a group ride, and they were moving, will simply make sure to have them working properly next time).
  • pedermj2002
    Options
    To add on to that: I think it was not the P1, but rather the Garmin itself. Was experiencing the same problem again today, and I actually turned it off instead of putting it to sleep. Once it came back up, picked up the P1 right away. Oh well. Live and learn :)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have a Fenix 5X arriving today! I'll report on that if anybody cares.
    Heck yeah! I am teetering on the brink of replacing my beloved Fenix 3 with a Fenix 5.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    @ntnunk

I'm very pleased with the upgrade. Obviously the maps are a big draw but there are so many subtle improvements, it's like death by a million paper cuts, but in reverse. It's also very stable; I pre-ordered my F3 and it was buggy when it arrived but they cleaned it up quickly, the F5x is a lot more polished already.

You know the HR gauge, the built-in data screen that can go in most activities? There's a power gauge for cyclists now. Arrow points at your zone, it shows your 3 second power and cadence.