Another ladies TOM post

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
For those who see a "stall" around that time of the month... how soon before do you start seeing the stall? I am about 4 days before and I feel bigger, the scale went up a little and hasn't come back down, despite being good. I feel like I am holding water, my fingers feel swollen and I just feel frumpy....

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually slowly start gaining 5-7 days before...sometimes it hits all at once, but for me usually it's a pound here, half pound there over the course of the week usually adding up to 4-6 lbs of gain right before...then once shark week hits it tends to come off faster, not usually the first day, but days 2 and 3 are usually several pound drops back to normal.

Mine usually only lasts 3 days, so I suspect the drop could be later if you have a longer cycle.

I also take raspberry to keep that process moving along quickly...1 a day for normal days, 7 a day for shark week.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just had my 1st "shark week" on Keto I can say I didn't gain any before but couldn't lose and didn't understand why until I realized it was that time of the month, weight dropped like crazy after which was awesome! I have very irregular periods so after my previous post about this I now know from all the awesome advice I got that it's completely normal and I won't freak out now if the scale stops moving or goes up a bit :)
  • melbybs1
    melbybs1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm premenstrual right now, and the scale shows an increase. I was expecting it, as I always retain water before Shark Week, but I certainly wasn't happy to see the number. I'm going to wait to weigh until a day or two after the sharks depart.

I'm also being especially deliberate in meal planning for this week, as I want to ensure I hit my macros and don't go off plan. Hoping I'll have the big drop afterward!
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I stopped losing weight a couple days before I got it. I'm day 3/4 and still stalled. I have to end up losing after, because I always stay in my macros and have a calorie deficit, right? Haha I hope so. I'm glad I didn't gain so far though!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    And you call it 'shark week' because....? :|
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle because it's like a bloody slaughter.... Named after a popular week of TV shows featuring sharks on the Discovery Channel. :o
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Ah.... We call it 'the Curse', TOTM, Mouse week (on the basis that apparently, insertable sanitary wear looks like a little mouse with a tail...) Bloody Mary's Visit and the worst - or best? - one of all, Blue Steak week.

I'm on the Power Surge level - haven't had one of these 'visits' for nearly 3 months now, and counting....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Blue Steak week - I kind of love that and may have to steal it...

I also like Aunt Flo is visiting, and the playground is closed for maintenance.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    this will forever ruin blue steaks for me :s
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3 pounds water weight the week I ovulate and ~5 pounds the week of the blessed event. So basically, I just count actual weight every other week. I'm ovulating at the moment and my fingers feel puffy...aren't you glad I just told you that????
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ah.... We call it 'the Curse', TOTM, Mouse week (on the basis that apparently, insertable sanitary wear looks like a little mouse with a tail...) Bloody Mary's Visit and the worst - or best? - one of all, Blue Steak week.

:flushed:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'll have a spike 2 days before ovulation and then again about 5 days before menstruation.

I'll have a minor dump the day after ovulation and then a major one the 3rd day of my period. Which in it's self is new since my period used to last 5-7 days and since starting this WOE is now 3 consisting of cramps from hell, a murder scene, and then spotting with a weight dump. Freeken weird...
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    this will forever ruin blue steaks for me :s

Trust me, it didn't appeal to me either.... I used to love fresh oysters...Until I heard a comedian describe them as 'licking snot off a tortoise'. I haven't been able to stomach one since - and it's been around 10 years or so, now!
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... Wow. This just made me realize I gained weight around the same time I would be ovulating. I was randomly up 4lbs a few days ago, I was furious.
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    And you call it 'shark week' because....? :|

0ls6h7idinik.jpg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hahaha, never seen that one, @Syleyna.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just had my 1st "shark week" on Keto I can say I didn't gain any before but couldn't lose and didn't understand why until I realized it was that time of the month, weight dropped like crazy after which was awesome! I have very irregular periods so after my previous post about this I now know from all the awesome advice I got that it's completely normal and I won't freak out now if the scale stops moving or goes up a bit :)

2nd "shark week" down, this time I was feeling very blue which is not normal for me (I'm a Reverend and had to deal with helping my cousin through pulling the plug on her husband who slipped into a coma for no reason that docs could find. After losing my little brother in December to cancer, death has been hard for me to deal with and funerals and celebrations of life weren't something I had planned on doing anymore but this was family and they needed me) but reading through some of the posts, so many I can't remember where I saw this gem of advice, but it seems if you have low electrolytes it causes this, so I upped the sodium and bam I felt so much better! In case any of you ladies here needed to read that :) Other than feeling blue, same this month as last, no weight loss a few days before, did gain about 1.5 pounds but I blame that on the noodles I ate on Easter, now this morning I'm way down again about 5 pounds in 2 days! Love Keto HATE that TOM! I think my body is finally figuring this stuff out though :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Astonishingly (I'm 60, remember!) I had a show off loss, this morning... much as we're all ladies together, I don't want to be distasteful... and that was a bit of a revelation, because I've been slightly bloated for a few days, and I got a decided case of the munchies, the other day.... That would explain it, then! I'm hoping it's not going to go into a full-on 'Mouse' week.... It's slightly possible I guess, but unlikely.... the munchies have passed, and the bloat is down....
  • canadjineh
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hahahaha, you are Italian and so like me, will likely be able to get pregnant well into our 60's. Google Maria Rosaria Veneruso.... gave birth to her first child at 61 in Sept 2016. Lol, I think I'd kill myself first, @AlexandraCarlyle.