Magnesium Supp, Keto OS, and Bread Recipe?

Options
jfmp
jfmp Posts: 264 Member
What's your favorite magnesium supplement and how do you take it? What's your opinion on Pruvit's Keto OS - people on FB LOVE it, reviews on Amazon, not so much. And, what's your favorite "bread" recipe? How do you store it and what's the shelf life? Thanks!!

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I can really only address the magnesium qustion. I don't know what Keto OS is and haven't found a 'bread' recipe I like yet. I've stopped trying because I want to try to work on the mental/emotional aspect of feeling like I 'need' bread (and because the ones I tried were gross).
    country life Magnesium potassium aspartate because I tend to not like to eat avocados.
    and doctor's best high absorption 100% chelated Magnesium(magnesium stearate) if the one dose of the Country Life doesn't fix any night time leg cramps(mostly because I probably didn't get enough sodium for the day)
    I take them before bed. They also help me sleep.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I used Nature Valley Magnesium from Walmart and I like it. I also don't know what Keto OS is. I like Oopsie or Cloud bread but can't currently bake it, which is probably a good thing, lol.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Mg - still trying to figure out the best one for me.

Keto OS - unless you need higher ketones than you can get via nutrition for therapeutic reasons like treating epilepsy or alzheimer's, there is no real reason to use exogenous ketones. There is potentially some benefit for high endurance athletes, but I don't believe the research there is complete.

I don't use any kind of bread. I will very occasionally make a fathead or cauliflower crust for pizza, but for the most part, I only view bread in any form as a way to get the real food into my mouth without requiring utensils. That said, I am fine using utensils in most instances and therefore no longer see the need for bread of any kind 99% of the time.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I love 90-second bread and eat it twice a week.....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss I'd skip keto os.
    If you need to boost ketones for therapeutic reasons or maybe athletic performance it may be a good option.
    Here's some info you might find interesting.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2016/08/08/how-to-make-endogenous-ketones-at-home/
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Currently using a chelated Magnesium (can't remember which brand)

Wasn't impressed with the taste of the Keto OS especially for the price....My opinion :)

Haven't found a bread recipe that I just love....but haven't tried any really involved ones either.
  • CarlyIrene415
    CarlyIrene415 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Calm... it's a drink you take. They sell it at WF's. I love it- it helps you sleep, too.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend checking the brand rankings of your magnesium here:

https://labdoor.com/rankings/magnesium

I currently use Dr. Best (Magnesium Glycinate).

My favorite kind of bread is soul bread. I freeze it when I make up a batch so for me shelf-life is indefinite. FWIW, It freezes / defrosts and toasts well.

Re Pruvits Keto OS...marketing, marketing, marketing. Don't care about it. Certainly don't need it. If you have money to burn and want to waste some of yours, them go for it.