Getting ahead...

Options
124»

Replies

• ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @empressichel There is no difference in the inches and the scale has moved up but pictures show a little difference specially around the belly. I met my sister after almost two months and she noticed some weight loss in me. Sometimes ppl living with u and looking u daily cant see what others seeing u after some time can notice!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! That's great that your sister can SEE it! How awesome! Keep going!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • ibtmas
    Options
    8 weeks almost complete into the second cut (including a rest week). First four wks i went down to 15%cut had no difference, scale went up 2 lbs. increased the cut for 20% for other 4 wks. Added some stress relieving walks for 20-30 mins with 3x strength workouts.
    Scale up another 2lbs. 6 Inches down!!
    one inch fr boths upper arms
    one inch fr both thighs
    two inches fr hips.
    Measurememts at the belly area are the same although the pooch is down a bit in pics.
    After a Tdee break for a week would be heading towards the third cut from 1st May.

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    6 inches down sounds like a successful cut to me. Do your clothes fit differently?
  • ibtmas
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @jvezzsb01 Well as i said before the measurements of the belly area are the same so shirts are not 'loose' around there but its not popping out too much as before.the inches are down at the arms and shoulders are much defined.Before, the thighs rubbing together due to fat was disturbing and i always hate that! now its a relief!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the inches lost!
    Stress relieving walks are always good. Now the weather is a little warmer here (during the day anyway) I'm starting to add in a couple a week myself.
    Enjoy your maintenance week!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Not having the thighs rubbing together is a great thing. We do t chose were the weight comes off from and the belly is usually the last one to go. I remember the day I realized my thighs weren't rubbing against each other as much and loved it! 6 inches down, screw the scale! I'll take the extra 2 lbs in a heartbeat! As things are shifting around, some areas getting higher and plumper, other areas may not show much change (higher, rounder booty, for example, will affect the measurement of the lower abdomen, even if the abdomen went down, kwim?). Best way to take measurements: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/

Ichel is right, outdoor walks are huge for stress control. Less stress make fat loss much easier.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Inches down is where it's at! Great result.
    Lucky for all of you coming into warmer weather, its starting to turn cooler here. We are having our first taste of winter today and I want summer back... :(
  • ibtmas
    Options
    I am so confused. Had the pacer app downloaded on my mob and counted my steps. As i am SAHM and kids much bigger i had my steps under 5000. Does that make me in the sedentary activity level Without counting the workouts?. Maybe i should re evaluate my activity level ,keeping it sedentary at mfp,enter the workouts and eat back the workout cals on the days i workout.Maybe thats y while being consistently at 1800 cals i lose some inches but not scale weight. Its getting me more into recomp rather than weight loss.
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ibtmas, the pacer app is what I am using too. Does it count your steps when you're inside? It doesn't for me. I count approximately 30 steps from my living room to my bathroom and this morning after walking to the bathroom and back to the living room, the app says I took 2 steps when it should have been around 60. But when I am outside walking it measures quite accurately.
  • ibtmas
    Options
    scaryann1 wrote: »
    ibtmas, the pacer app is what I am using too. Does it count your steps when you're inside? It doesn't for me. I count approximately 30 steps from my living room to my bathroom and this morning after walking to the bathroom and back to the living room, the app says I took 2 steps when it should have been around 60. But when I am outside walking it measures quite accurately.

Yes i am 'all' the time inside home. i wanted to guesstimate my indoor steps. i go for morning walks but i would log them seperately on mfp.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Most people in the activity forums discover that Sedentary on MFP is about 4-5K steps, depending on how serious they are (meaning purposeful walking for workout or just small daily activity stuff) - at that point the extra calorie burn start showing up as adjustments as MFP corrects itself.

If your exercise is infrequent enough, and/or you can adjust to different eating levels depending on workouts and not skip them - then the daily TDEE method can be an option that MFP uses.

Does this app try to figure out daily burn from those steps - or just step count?

If you like to plan better and eat the same amount daily for ease of use - then the weekly average TDEE method could be better, which most activity trackers have weekly stats and you can easily figure out what that is.

BUT - if doing weight lifting - you must log that manually on the device as something so it is doing a good estimate on daily burn to email you about.

Average the last 3 weeks together (if an average week, don't count a sick week, or vacation to amusement park, use MFP method then) to determine each week's goal - usually that takes account of the fact for seasonal changes without too much lag time going either direction.

The other thing to confirm with the app though - is it seeing steps accurately?
    Look at app current steps, doing something normal and count 100 right foot steps, look at app - did it go up by 200?

If the app does try to do daily burn, the following would apply.

Then is it seeing distance correctly?
    Get on known distance track, confirm 1/4 mile (since many are metric now), and at normal daily pace (not exercise pace, not grocery store shuffle pace extremes) walk the 1/4 mile.
    Depending on app, either start/stop a workout or note the steps for that distance.

1320 / steps taken = stride length in decimal feet (say 2.8) that should be a setting in the app somewhere.

If it takes feet (say that 2) and inches instead of decimal feet, then
    12 x 0.8 (from example) = 9.6 decimal inches.
  • ibtmas
    Options
    3rd cut 6 weeks.
    6.5 inches down. Specially happy for 1 inch down at the lower tummy area.
    First time in 4 months(Total7 months of em2wl) had a downward trend on scale of 2.5lbs.
    Will complete 8 wks and move on to the 4th cut after a week (or maybe 2 ) of full tdee.
    Being consistent is the key but need inner strength n motivation to move on!
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is great to read and so inspiring! How do you feel during the cuts and what percentage are you cutting at before going back to TDEE?
  • ibtmas
    Options
    @jvezzsb01 Thankyou! Till 6 weeks i feel reaaally hungry specially before bed but a little bit of protien snack or a cup of warm milk helps me sleep well during my cuts. I keep on increasing between 15% to 20% during my cut depending on workouts and non workout days but firstly listening to my body.If body demads more i eat to fullest if other day i'm not so hungry i dont force myself to eat up but atleast try to get 1750-1800 cals minimum.Tdee are above 2000 mostly between 2200-2300.