MargaretLunan
MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
as long as you are trying you have not failed

Replies

• JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    as long as you are trying you have not failed
    Awesome!!!! That is so true and we all need to remember that.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Eating well is a form of self respect
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »
    Eating well is a form of self respect

Now that is a powerful way to frame the challenge. Bravo!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    "Acceptance is the key to happiness"

I got that fortune cookie about 20 years ago and it's been taped to my fridge ever since. I like to apply it to everything, including health issues and food. I have health issues, I can only fix them so much so I need to accept them and work to improve my circumstances how I can. With IR, that means controlling my diet. I accept my diet needs to be low carb and work at making it as pleasurable as possible. It's better than bemoaning the loss of jujubes. ;)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I got that fortune cookie about 20 years ago and it's been taped to my fridge ever since. I like to apply it to everything, including health issues and food. I have health issues, I can only fix them so much so I need to accept them and work to improve my circumstances how I can. With IR, that means controlling my diet. I accept my diet needs to be low carb and work at making it as pleasurable as possible. It's better than bemoaning the loss of jujubes. ;)

"Glücklich ist,
    Wer vergisst
    Was doch nicht zu ändern ist!"
    - Die Fledermaus
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The things we do every day matter much more than the things we only do once in a while.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

"Glücklich ist,
    Wer vergisst
    - Die Fledermaus

Exactly.

You're making me work my very limited German! :)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

"Glücklich ist,
    Wer vergisst
    - Die Fledermaus

Exactly.

You're making me work my very limited German! :)

Ach, mein Bäd!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    :D
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    LOL :D
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd rather give up eating whole pizzas than having my feet chopped off.