Low Carbers - What are your macros set as

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Like the title says, interested in what your personal macros are set at (grams and percent if possible) and whether or not you are aiming to lose, gain, or maintain.

Thanks!

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Mine are: 30g carb, 100g protein, 120g fat. In percent, thats 8% c, 25% p, 67% f. This works out to 1600 calories, and I am aiming to lose weight.

Those are the goals at least. What I actually eat is usually closer to 25 / 75 / 75 or thereabouts, and calorie-wise usually around 1200.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    75% Fat, 20% Protein, 5% Carbs
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Mine are at 25 carbs, 156 fat, and 125 protein. In % that is 5/70/25. This is based on 2000 calories a day. My primary interest is reining in glucose levels. I have weight loss as a secondary goal.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Based on 1275 calories/day -

Carbs: 16g - 5%

Fats: 92g - 65%

Proteins: 96g - 30%

(No, I don't know how they came to those percentages in relation to grammes, either.... :confused: )
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Mine are a bit wonky right now since I'm carb and calorie cycling...but here goes...

My base calories are set to 2008 with 45% carbs (226g), 30% fat (67g), and 25% protein (126g)
    These are my high carb/cal training days

On my non-training days I add in an offset value of -147g carb (-588 cal) and an additional -81 calories bringing my total calories for the day down to 1339 and my total carbs down to 79. I think the percentages for these days come out roughly to 25% carbs, 38% protein, and 37% fat.

Prior to cycling, I was using 10% carb, 70% fat, and 20% protein with either 1250 calories on a deficit or 1740 calories at maintenance.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    CURRENTLY:
    15% carbs, 25% protein, 60% fat. That equates to 57c/96p/102f grams. Should be 1530 calories.

Ketosis is currently not a goal.
    Weight loss is not a goal.
    Reduction of body size is not a goal.

Satiation is a goal. Weight maintenance is a goal. Health maintenance is a goal.

I just recently started with these macros. So far, so good. I doubt I will have any issues with this. I lost my excess 60 pounds on ~40%c/30/30 and had no trouble maintaining with that EXCEPT I was always hungry.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

(No, I don't know how they came to those percentages in relation to grammes, either.... :confused: )
    @AlexandraCarlyle
    I believe the percentage is 'Percentage of Calories', while each gram of fat, protein and carbs have different calories each. I just learned that one today while I was reading up on something.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    1400 calories, lose 2lbs /week
    Carbs 5% 17g
    Protein 25% 87g
    Fat 70% 109g
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    4ibnvpwvsdx9.png

I aim for 50g of carbs, but dropping my percentage down to 10% made it only 39g or something, so I keep it where it is but know I'm aiming for less.

My goal is weight loss.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

@AlexandraCarlyle
    I believe the percentage is 'Percentage of Calories', while each gram of fat, protein and carbs have different calories each. I just learned that one today while I was reading up on something.

Thanks, @food_lover, that's good to know. Every bit of info is constructive, and helps me understand things better, and build up a better picture. Fab, thanks!
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Currently - 10% Carbs, 25% Protein, 65% Fat - if I'm strict with anything it's Carbs.. but I rarely hit exact marks. I have been under and a bit over on occasion, but not enough to not be in Ketosis, which I am, in spades... so something here is working. :)
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Losing weight. 1.5lb/week goal. Perhaps I'd do well to amend that to 1lb/week since I'm within about 15lbs of my "goal"; will have recomp work to do thereafter.

1530kcal
    70% 119g fat
    25% 96g protein
    5% 19g carbs

I am frequently a bit over on kcals, but still losing at a decent rate. Maybe my lifestyle is a bit more active than I've estimated. Although I'm almost always over on carbs I really only concern myself with net, and that's usually in the ballpark of 20-30.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am about to go zero carb so macros tend to go out of the window, I don't log when I am ZC but if I do log then I keep my carb level below 5g, so protein/fat tends to be 65% fat, 35% protein
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1778 calories
    Carbs: 4% 20g
    Fat: 72% 142g
    Protein: 24% 105g

Primary goal is a combination of losing weight and feeling better/healthier.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    15% carbs, 25% protein and 60% fat is what I've been happiest with.
    At a deficit (eating 1350 cals/day), that put my carbs at keto levels.
    Now that I'm reverse dieting to maintenance, my carbs are ending up more like 50-80 gm/day, but I'm cool with that. Curious to see if I notice any differences from when I was in ketosis. Nothing yet.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    fvf52821mvxh.png
    I'll admit, this is my goal, but I'm often closer to 10% carbs. I also eat my exercise calories (or about half if I'm not hungry) which increases my cals anywhere from 150 to 500, depending on the day. This normally bumps my carbs up by 1 to 5 grams.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if it's not obvious, I'm trying to lose weight. I'm trying to lose about 1-2 lbs per week.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I track very very loosely now. When I first started keto I watched it more. It was about 1500 kcal and I had 5%C/20%P/75%F which was about 20g/85g/118g.

Now I set my protein for about 100g ( a lot for me) and my carbs to zero because I want to hit higher protein and I know that carbs don't improve my health. I still get some carbs but it is always in the red. ;)
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I recently changed my settings to a more induction-friendly level (lower carbs/higher fat) to try and boost my weight loss.

Calories are set to 1530, with 19 carbs (5%), 102g fat (60%), and protein 134g (35%).

I'm having a really hard time getting my fat levels up, though. My husband is pretty much at his goal weight (maybe 5lbs to lose) and he likes to buy low fat everything. I snuck in some butter, olives, cheese, and cream with our last shopping trip, though.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I find it fascinating what a wide variety of macro setting are being used in this group - presumably with success on all of them, just totally fascinating!