Keto friendly meal replacement shakes?

Options
amyrising
amyrising Posts: 39 Member
Can you recommend any keto friendly meal replacement powders that aren't too expensive? I am the only one in my family who is eating keto and it's so hard to feed everyone with work and my chronic fatigue. I'm also getting bored and not paying as much attention as I should. I have gained 2 lbs instead of losing. ThankS in advance.

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use the protein shakes that Costco has- premier protein.
    It is a bit high on protein percentage wise, and I usually add heavy cream to make up the fat percentage when I drink it.
    Also, some people have issues when they start to use things that are not 'real foods', so be careful.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have found Quest powdered coconut oil and powdered MCT oil. I have thought about using it in combination with a no sugar protein powder and some PB2 to make a meal replacement shake that would be more keto friendly. I haven't tried it yet because I haven't had the need to do a shake since I found it.

Here are links to the products in case you are interested:

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-powders/coconut-oil-powder/

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-powders/mct-oil-powder/
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    For my buck, I just prefer to snack on jerky (wild bills or home made)-- the chewing seems to help satiety.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I have found Quest powdered coconut oil and powdered MCT oil. I have thought about using it in combination with a no sugar protein powder and some PB2 to make a meal replacement shake that would be more keto friendly. I haven't tried it yet because I haven't had the need to do a shake since I found it.

Here are links to the products in case you are interested:

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-powders/coconut-oil-powder/

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-powders/mct-oil-powder/

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Soluble Corn Fiber, Sodium Caseinate, Sunflower Lecithin, Silicon Dioxide (flow agent).

INGREDIENTS
    Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides, Soluble Corn Fiber, Sodium Caseinate, Sunflower Lecithin, Silicon Dioxide.

I think someone else asked about this a while back. The soluble corn fiber has me concerned a bit...but I would imagine that you could just use the liquid or melted stuff in a protein shake. I always did, and even stored it in the fridge again with no separation after.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Uhg, @Shadus, I miss beef jerky. It's so expensive here (a single 20g container for about 5$, insanity). Have some for me.

I use the bodylab ultra chocolate powder (35g) with xanthan gum (0.5g) and 150g water - mix well using a rod blender. Not a terrific taste (it's protein powder, after all), but it's reasonably tasty, especially if you've just killed it at the gym.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but the protein powder at Aldi is fairly low in carbs. I was surprised and considered trying it but it comes in a HUGE container and I'm not sure about the taste.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I found ISO- ZERO platinum protein powder and use the flavorless one, I mix it with heavy cream and ice cubes and sometimes a shot of left over coffee. I also have flavored Stevia drops if I need a bit more sweet.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @MzLazyBones - it's pretty simple to make your own jerky if you can get ahold of any non fatty cuts of meat readily. There are many different sets of instructions out there, dependent on which flavors you prefer.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have not tried either one, but for you may want to look up Keto Chow or EAS Myoplex Ketogenic Meal Replacement.
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing if anyone tried the Aldi protein powder.