Starting at square 1

Options

My Name is Katie. I am 30 years old and have been over weight all my life. Massivly over weight. Before I got pregnant with my first daughter I was 340 lbs. I busted *kitten* for months and got myself down to 290. It was the best I have ever felt about myself in years. After I gave birth to her I got sucked in to the new parent craziness and sat on my *kitten* for months. I again got myself down to 299 and then got off track. I got pregnant 9 months ago and STARTED the pregnancy at 330. I am currently 9 days away from a c section and am sure I am at least almost 370. I don't ask or look at the scale at my ob appointments. After my c section next week I refuse to sit on my *kitten* and let myself get even more unhealthy. I already have a post baby grocery list made to fill my house with good food. I plan on breast feeding this time and hope that will help with the weight loss as well. I have my double stroller all set up and plan to walk with my girls daily until I am cleared to head to the gym 6 weeks post pardum. I know I can do this. I have before I just need to not fall off the wagon. I don't plan on weighing myself post baby for awhile. I know the number won't be pretty and I know it will defeat me before I start. I want to lost 60 lbs before we take a vacation in November. Most importantly I want to be confident again for myself, my husband but most of all my girls. I need positive people. I need a support team. Please send me a message about yourself and add me if you think you can be a part of my adventure.

Replies

• beagrl82
    beagrl82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Katie I am in there with you. Weighing 337 right now. I just had my second child and I am determined to get the baby fat off. I will love someone I can talk to have as a healthy lifestyle buddy.
  • swwillis
    swwillis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am 49 and currently need to lose about 70 pounds to reach my goal. The struggle is real for anyone who needs to drop some pounds. I have been on this roller coaster all my life and I am ready to get off!! I would love to be friends with you both! I need encouragement and I also want to encourage others.
  • MZSTEF4U
    MZSTEF4U Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. We can encourage each other. I have 80 pounds to lose. Welcome.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options

My Name is Katie. I am 30 years old and have been over weight all my life. Massivly over weight. (...) Please send me a message about yourself and add me if you think you can be a part of my adventure.

Hi Katie! You have a lot going on in the next few weeks, and I just want to send you some good vibes ⚘
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    (Sorry it cut off the other part!)

Even if you're not able to start addressing the eating exactly right now while you are busy creating a new human being, you can still do other stuff if you feel like you want to keep the momentum. You are going to create positive changes in your life for your beautiful body (that gives you amazing children!) and for your family. Even if you can't do some things, you can find recipes online, find motivational and gentle exercise videos on youtube, you can get good at logging your food, you can read the must read posts on the main boards, etc. Do whatever works for you, but be gentle with yourself during this huge change. You will figure it out and you will get there! I am sending you prayers that you have the most uneventful snooze of a birth and that you recover quickly. Great to meet you!