5:2 or 4:3

Options
Hi all,

Has anyone tried fasting 3 times a week instead of the usual 2? if so, did you loose weight any quicker?

5:2 is working fine but I always let myself down at the weekend and binge. I really need to shift this extra weight!!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've done both. Mix and match as I wish. But my losses in 4:3 weeks aren't larger because I then tend to overcompensate on normal days.

Everyone is different. Try it and see if it suits you. If not go back to what worked for you.
  • angej2
    angej2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing 4:3 but I'm going to try and get use to 5:2 for a few more weeks before I try and change it.
    Perhaps there's some other strategies you could use on the weekend to stop your binging? Maybe skip breakfast on the weekend to save calories for later in the day.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi angej2. I would start off with 5:2 and go from there.
    I am having good progress with doing 5:2 and just monitoring calories using MFP the other days.
    Use MFP to see what you should be eating to lose weight either at 1 to 2 pounds a week and use the tool to input your food. I find if you are honest with yourself, it works...
    My BF and I are doing this together. Our new thing on Saturdays is to eat all the left over salad fixins for lunch on Saturday. It means a healthy lunch and it uses up what we have leftover. We also buy an avocado that we ripen up during the week as well as a few other things we throw in, plus some more lettuce. It fills us up until dinner time when we typical have a meal out.
    Save a treat or two for the weekends if that is where you tend to have a little weakness or you have a function, etc. This weekend we are meeting up with friends for dinner on Saturday night so we will be indulging. Exercising also helps free up some spare calories. Hope that helps.