Mio?

Options
brendasteve
brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
I am wondering if anyone uses Mio for flavoring water, I love the arctic grape and feel that it may help with electrolytes as well, however I am worried about the sugar substitute in it.

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sweeteners effect people differently. If you like it and find it helpful just experiment with it and see if bothers you. If not, I say enjoy it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiO

It seems to be somewhat different in USA than Canada I noticed.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I like Mio. We have lousy tasting water in my area and I'm too cheap frugal to buy bottled water or a filtering system.

There are 2 flavors sweetened with stevia (locally) if stevia is more appealing. It is kind of hard to pick them out (initially) of the massive numbers of flavors all in a row on the grocery shelf but if you glance at the right side of the bottle as it sits on the shelf, it reads stevia in large print. I think the 2 flavors are Tropical Cherry and maybe Raspberry Blackberry? Not positive.

The Stur brand is sweetened with Stevia and can be found in most store (where I shop, USA).
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I use Mio, and the cheaper store-brand version of it, quite a lot. My tap water tastes like *kittens* so I mix up a gallon at a time of drinking-water, using just enough Mio to mask the wretched taste coming out of the tap.

So I don't use a lot of it 'per glass' as such, but I drink a lot of water, so it adds up. One of the little bottles lasts me for 3 gallons of water, which lasts me about 3 or 3.5 days.

I haven't noticed any ill effects from it, and I've been drinking it like this for at least a year.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    My husband likes mixing Mio with sparkling water for a soda substitute. I don't do artificial sweeteners. I've used some of the Stur flavors before and they aren't bad if you like sweet drinks. I typically drink unsweetened tea and iced coffee.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love Mio. I have fantastic tap water, but if I'm adding salt to my water (which is almost all the time) I want some Mio in there. I get the Mio Energy to help me as a 3rd shifter.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't count on the electrolytes from it. They're minuscule at best.
    If it doesn't make you feel more hungry or crave sweets or even crave it for that matter, it's probably fine for you
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Mio (or similar) with caffeine is not available in Canada ;-; I asked my American MIL to send my some of the Walmart-brand cherry limeade energy mix for my birthday.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    The Mio Electrolytes one in the US is called Mio Sport in Canada. I use a berry one or the mango peach one mixed with lime juice in my water - just enough to barely flavour it (more like an infusion) - our water comes from a well and has a lot of minerals in it. Thankfully not iron though.
    I prefer Nesfrutta - it's actually made with fruit juice (& the same sweetener). I like the taste better and buy the pineapple coconut. It's the only brand of water enhancer in that flavour.