High protein dressings and dips

Options
Cheesy567
Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
Who has some tried and true high protein dressings and veggie dip recipes they'd like to share?

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip is high in protein and fat, low in carbs. Goes good with cauliflower and celery. I also will take a tub of sour cream and add a packet of Hidden Valley Harvest dill and stir. Makes a good veggie dip and its pretty low carb.
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip is high in protein and fat, low in carbs. Goes good with cauliflower and celery. I also will take a tub of sour cream and add a packet of Hidden Valley Harvest dill and stir. Makes a good veggie dip and its pretty low carb.

Do you have a recipe for the Buffalo chicken dip? (Or just a description, I'm pretty good at making things up as I go in the kitchen-- just need an idea to start from)
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Ranch packet mixed with sour cream or guacamole are usually my go to for dips.
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Hidden Valley Ranch packet mixed with sour cream or guacamole are usually my go to for dips.

I've been eating sour-cream based dips, trying to up my protein intake, though...
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

I've been eating sour-cream based dips, trying to up my protein intake, though...

I make homemade ranch seasoning similar to HVR packets and mix it with greek yogurt instead of sour cream.

Recipe: http://damndelicious.net/2016/04/03/diy-homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

Do you have a recipe for the Buffalo chicken dip? (Or just a description, I'm pretty good at making things up as I go in the kitchen-- just need an idea to start from)

Yup, from memory lol. For my family this is how I make it, but cut it in half if its too much. 2 of the cream cheese bricks, 2 cups of shredded cheese, 2 cans of chicken breast, 1/2 cup of ranch dressing and 1/4 cup of hot sauce. I start by browning the chicken in the large stock pot, then add that cream cheese, let it get softer but it will want to burn so keep an eye on it. Add your dressing and hot sauce and stir until well blended, then add shredded cheese. This can be done on the stove top in roughly ten minutes or it can be done in the slow cooker over 3 or 4 hours BUT you have to stir it every so often and the dip gets spicier. Variations: bleu cheese dressing works wonderfully also, as does bleu cheese crumbles on top; you can also use up plain greek yogurt (adds carbs) and sour cream this way without effecting taste. I've found that any of the yellow shredded cheeses works well. I've been known to use leftover chicken instead of canned, both work.