Under 200!!! I'm in tears!

Options
my4andme333
my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
z30ahe47kjh4.jpg

I'm not sure I believe my scale anymore HAHA! Made my kids step on it this morning before they went to school. But OMGosh I can't believe it says I'm under 200! This is HUGE! I keep waiting for the weight loss to slow but my body is really responding to Keto, I like the weight loss of course but yet I'm afraid I'm losing too fast and the weight will creep back on :/

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! So exciting! I'm so close at 200lbs & I know I'll feel like you do when I see that 1 in front of my weight. I also relate to that fear of backsliding that comes with every victory ((hugs)) I don't know what to say about that except I understand the fear.

Also lol not trusting the scale, when my husband & I started putting on weight we bought a new scale because obviously it must be broken lololololol nope
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce!!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @my4andme333 Aw that is the sweetest grumpy thing for your kid to say!

I laughed so loud when I got on the new scale & it had the same reading as the "broken" one. We are ridiculous
  • my4andme333
    Options
    JedsMom63 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I too have entered "one"derland this past week @ 197.1!!! Go us!!!

Awesome! Congrats!!!...I've never been in "One"derland as an adult, I was over 200 pounds by 6th grade, so this is mindblowing for me :)
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great job! <3
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    So Happy for you!! I know from your before pics, that you have worked so hard for this!!
  • my4andme333
    Options
    Thank you everyone! @Time2LoseWeightNOW I wish I had pics of me at 450+ the pic I have in my profile I was just under 350 pounds...I was just looking at that pic earlier after I posted this and can't believe the transformation...It sure does feel amazing and I'm inspiring myself...I can't wait to get to my goal weight and I know that with Keto I can get there! :):):)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Hi, 4andme, How long have you been doing Keto ?and is that what helped you the most? I am fighting a sugar addiction( recent diabetic) at the moment, but I am trying to lean towards Keto. 220 looking to see at least 199 by end of year.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations. :)
  • my4andme333
    Options
    I ended up in the hospital in March with a severe infection in my intestines that had almost become septic, after that I knew I needed to change my diet...When I really looked at things I was getting over 1000g of carbs a day just from all the junk I'd put in my coffee! After I got out of the hospital I threw all that junk away and knew Keto was my best option...I've been dieting and regularly exercising for about 10 years, I started my journey at 450+ pounds, I got down to 242 pounds with regular diet and exercise but was stuck, literally stuck for a few years at 242 pounds no matter what I did. I was introduced to Keto by my son's neurologist (He has cerebral palsy and epilepsy) she had wanted him to start the diet to see if it would control his seizures, so by the time I had gotten sick I had already been researching Keto for a few months. I started March 13 and I've lost 44 pounds as of today, which seems crazy to me but when you take into account how many carbs/sugar were in my diet before it's not all that surprising! I eat no more than 20 carbs a day, and between 1200-1300 calories a day (some days I'm up to 1500-1600 but never less than 1200 I don't want to go into starvation mode). I try to keep my protein lower than my fat but most days I never hit those macros. Keto is most definitely what has helped me the most, I also don't eat at a deficit from the exercise, I log what I do each day but never save it, just so I know how many calories I've burned. I also do my own kind of IF, I drink bulletproof coffee and tea (The tea seems to help with my weight loss, I've lost significantly more weight since skipping the coffee and just doing the tea) throughout the day and water, I only really eat dinner with a few snacks, but my dinners are HUGE and calorie dense. So with drinking the BPC or BPT I'm not sure if that's considered IF or not.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, and so inspiring. Congrats - to all of you/us!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome great job
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That had to feel great to look down and see. Congratulations!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :smiley:
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks, my4and me, I too, was stuck in 240 yonder land for years until starting low carb for Type2 Diagnosis in January 2015. Thankfully it help me lose 25lbs these past two years ...I was totally a carb addict, and could not lose no matter what I tried until I cut the carbs .Now if I can just quit the sweets completely.
    (A1C is down to 6...but I need it lower.)..... Again excellent progress!!!
    edited to add:
    So glad it helped your septic issue. I hope your son is improving greatly.
  • sbtripp
    sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You are all doing great on this way of eating. Keep up the good work and worry about it coming back once you reach your goal. You could begin to study maintenance now so that you know what to do.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! Congrats :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment!