Glad we made it together!

Options
Thanks to the cc leaders to keep us together!! Have a good day all!

Replies

• vwolcott169
    vwolcott169 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I apologize, I just meant it was helpful that there were those of you, like yourself that made the transition to this site a little easier. That's all,I didn't mean to imply it was cc that led the way. I am acutely aware of their radio silence and feel for those that are still newly joining. I appreciated that a group was formed to try to keep everyone together with tips on how to link and find each other. I did not intend to upset anyone.
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ooh you upset no one - I feel they handled it so poorly I guess I'm mad at them ! :) btw I'm really liking MFP!
  • Amyt58
    Amyt58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, can you friend me? I'm trying to figure out how this works. This doesn't look like it could possibly be as fun. Did they go to Facebook as a group? I can't get into the old site to figure out where to get in touch with everybody. :-) I remember you at least. Thanks for any help you can give me. Amyt58
  • Hellylu000
    Hellylu000 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. How do we friend someone without being in our contacts or facebook? Anyone can feel free to friend me. Have an amazing and successful day!
  • vwolcott169
    vwolcott169 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been unable to figure that out as well! I will accept friend requests but have tried and just. Can't figure out how to add friends. If you figure it out, let me know!
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    Amyt58 wrote: »
    Hi, can you friend me? I'm trying to figure out how this works. This doesn't look like it could possibly be as fun. Did they go to Facebook as a group? I can't get into the old site to figure out where to get in touch with everybody. :-) I remember you at least. Thanks for any help you can give me. Amyt58

Hi Amy glad you found us! I've been away just seeing this now ! Just add yourself to this group then click on anyone you Recognise! Most people kept same name of variations of ! How's little doggy? Are you still driving?
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    I have been unable to figure that out as well! I will accept friend requests but have tried and just. Can't figure out how to add friends. If you figure it out, let me know!
    Hello! You just need add yourself to the cc group then click on anyone's name it should bring you to another screen you can add as friend they will get a friend request!
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    hellylu971 wrote: »
    Hi. How do we friend someone without being in our contacts or facebook? Anyone can feel free to friend me. Have an amazing and successful day!

See above !
  • waspy_vegan
    waspy_vegan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just saying I'm very late to the party regarding the whole CC shutdown - I tried to log in to the website a day or two ago and was shocked to discover it had all disappeared. I have years of my life in data all archived somewhere on that site and it's a pity I'll never be able to look back at that stuff; it was a diary of sorts, and tracked the peaks and troughs at various stages of my life. Anyway, I think the username I had on there was ChiaraCaligari. The name I've used here on MFP is waspy_vegan, but yeah. I'll try find and follow people from the old community.

It will take some work figuring out though! Thanks to those who set this whole thing up on MFP.

(Btw tried to screengrab my old pic from the phone app and used that as a profile pic to make me more recognizeable here to other CC refugees as I don't have those old pics on my new desktop - like I said, I started using CC many years ago!)
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    Welcome glad you found us!
  • frank2x2
    frank2x2 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Did you all get this notice - I just feel like its another kick in the gut after losing CC:

We are writing because we have identified you as a member of one or more groups on our platform, MapMyFitness. We are thrilled you’ve been using our platform to foster a strong community among fellow fitness lovers.

You may have noticed that the ability to invite new members to a group or to create a new group is no longer available. We’ve recently taken stock of our features and determined that Groups, in its current form, was not performing up to our standards. As such, we will be removing this feature from our website entirely on April 15th. This means that your current group(s) will no longer be accessible after April 15, 2017.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but hope that we can breathe new life into Groups and reintroduce it at some point. In the meantime, please explore Friend Challenges for Android and Friend Challenges for iOS, which offer a similar experience.

Friend Challenges let you share in a big part of what made Groups great. We hope this encourages you to continue competing and connecting with others on MapMyFitness.
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    Weird . I didn't get one
  • waspy_vegan
    waspy_vegan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh no! This sucks! I'm currently doing a few courses studying programming and I've *always* wanted to design a good app that was like Calorie Count but better (CC wasn't always the easiest to use, logging foods could be a bit slow). I think Cronometer is probably the best for actually tracking nutrition and adding stuff is pretty easy. But it lacks the community element. MFP seems okay, but not the best. Some limited functionality - I'm mainly on here because I kind of miss the community element. But this news makes me even more inspired to think about designing a good app again. Clearly there is a gap in the 'market' for such a thing.

Thanks for the heads-up!
  • bertadee812
    bertadee812 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you think there is a difference between MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal? I didn't get any email like that - but I haven't formed any groups either.
  • YaukhTouk
    YaukhTouk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Long time no see. I have not had the good success that I enjoyed back when I was using a tracking program (CC) and chatting with the community. I shall endeavor to use this one more regularly. Hope everyone has been well along with the cats, horses, pigs, and Alaskan fish.
  • ecoecon
    ecoecon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The website below has some valuable tips for logging effectively on MyFitnessPal. The most important one of which is to include "USDA" in your search--you get much better and much more reliable results. These USDA entries also generally have grams available as well as other quantity options.

http://www.fitchocoholic.com/2015/07/6-tips-you-need-to-know-when-using.html