Newly Sleeved

Options
cddonald22
cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
Good morning!

I got my VSG on 4/26. Still in recovery mode on full liquids. I'm excited about this new life!

Replies

• Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How are you feeling? How is the pain?

I will hopefully be getting a date set tomorrow, and be just a few weeks behind you!

• clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the other side!
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We got sleeved on the same day! It's funny my group has me on pureed/soft foods from the day after, just in tiny portions. I guess everyone does it differently
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mandy_1982 wrote: »
    Congrats! How are you feeling? How is the pain?

I will hopefully be getting a date set tomorrow, and be just a few weeks behind you!
    I can't speak for her, but as for myself I am not in pain at all, I barely used any pain meds in the hospital and nothing since.
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on April 21st and am also still on full liquids...just starting to add some thicker liquids to the mix. I just added you as friends. Can't wait to follow your progress
  • gradedparadox
    gradedparadox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My sleeve date is may 4th, and I'm starting my prepping diet tomorrow. I'm feeling rather nervous, any tips?
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keeping my carbs below 25g per day really helped with hunger during my pre op liquid diet.
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

Mandy_1982 - the most pain I had was immediately after surgery while in recovery. I remember begging for something BUT once the dilaudad kicked in--I didn't have much. I had pain med the first 36 hours in the hospital them went to regular tylenol. I've only taken is twice since I came home.

The first couple of days swallowing was a bit uncomfortable but no pain in the last two days.

Gradedparadox - the biggest tip is to get your head right. Know that this is a lifestyle change. My pre-op was 10 days --7days full liquids (started Easter Sunday) 3days clear liquids. The 7 days wasn't that tough but the 3 days clear was challenging. I bought the Atkins Lift protein water and that kept me from gnawing my arm off.

Jen_VSG2017 - I am keeping my carbs low too.

--Cindy
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was just sleeved on May 1st! On full liquids for 1 week then pureed for 1 week. Then I talk to my surgeon to see if I am cleared to move onto soft foods
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

My biggest advice - if you are in a group everyone will be on a different timeline. Stick to your doctor's timeline! My doctor had me on liquids for a month while everyone else was eating pureed foods I was stuck with protein shakes but since those were his orders I followed them even though I was SUPER jealous! I never knew I could want mashed potatoes so bad lol.
  • JustJassi
    JustJassi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Please add me! Still going through the nutrition class, 3 more months to go and I'll be scheduled for surgery. I'm anxious