5/1 Monday Day 1 SLBC

Options
2»

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Watched the videos while I stood at work. Just got a stand-up desk not too long ago. Good information. Thanks for sharing!
  • gronkster869
    gronkster869 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Sit Less Boot Camp (SLBC) today. Did my best to walk, even though my feet are killing me (arthritis). Hopefully, the arthritis will subside so I don't need to walk in pain every day! Looking forward to other ideas during this boot camp that can be done when arthritis raises its ugly head!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I started Sit Less Boot Camp (SLBC) today. Did my best to walk, even though my feet are killing me (arthritis). Hopefully, the arthritis will subside so I don't need to walk in pain every day! Looking forward to other ideas during this boot camp that can be done when arthritis raises its ugly head!

I hope you get some relief soon!
  • treebee5
    treebee5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started SLBC today and committed to 5-10min of movement for every 30 minutes sitting. I have Charcot Marie Tooth, today was a very low energy day. That would normally mean getting nothing done around the house besides the absolute minimum of dishes and dinner. Instead I rested, did a very small amount of cleaning, and then rested again. Over and over. My house looks better and I feel like I beat the pain and fatigue today.
  • cranberrybrook
    cranberrybrook Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know of an app that will remind one to stand every 30 to 60 mins or so? Loved all the information on the site.
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I watched the videos while standing and walking on the spot. The benefits of just STANDING every 30 minutes amazes me. I can stand, no problem.
    Here's something amazing. I am attending Cravings Change classes and the dietitian is familiar with Quitting the Sitting, recommended watching the video 23 1/2 hours and had us stand and move for 1 minute every 1/2 hour.
    That's so cool and it was easy.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website and great info! Can't wait to feel the difference with sitting less ;)
  • jdelgado3013
    jdelgado3013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To Cranberry Brook: Do you know of an app that will remind one to stand every 30 to 60 mins or so? Loved all the information on the site.

Try using your watch timer. Set it for every hour...and it will alarm. Just a thought.

Denise: Great videos and poster. I am already sharing these videos with my friends.
    Scary thought of losing years of life because of too much sitting. Saw your site too.
    I am looking into a Varidesk on Amazon. Working and standing up more.
    Thanks for day one. I am running behind but will catch up.
    James
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Do you know of an app that will remind one to stand every 30 to 60 mins or so? Loved all the information on the site.

I have an app on my iPhone called Miracle Timer that I use for work to remind me to take a 5 minute break every 30 minutes. I love it. You can set it up with the increments of time that you want. I have it set to 30 minutes desk time, 5 minutes get up and walk and get a drink of water. The countdown is red while I'm working and I have it turn green when I can get up and go. :blush:
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to set my FitBit to alarm me every 30 minutes. It buzzes the crap out of my arm LOL so great reminder!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I got Move Your App! very nice. You set it to remind you during a certain time period of the day and then it will also give you the stats for the day as far as active movement and no movement.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Throughout Boot Camp I'll be posting some infographics that complement our daily challenge or highlight themes I'd like you to keep in mind.

Here's a great one:

devn3ede10ur.png

I do this all the time. I even walk around my desk, and I have a large desk. ;) Anytime I can get up and move I do it! <3