May Challenge - Join us to challenge yourself

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
Wow this year is really flying by. Getting this up and ready to go for tomorrow morning.

Replies

• CarolynGSilva
    CarolynGSilva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Joining group today. Open to any and all challenge suggestions.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome Carolyn, You decide what the challenge for the month is. You might want to make sure you get in X times of exercise, weigh your food for every meal, relieve stress by meditating, lose x amount of weight, or cleaning out your closet to make room for smaller clothes. Whatever you need in your life for the coming month.

You can browse to older monthly challenges to gain ideas too.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am doing the sitting challenge this month. Doing very well with that. I even did a walk over 5 miles long yesterday in addition to a shorter walk earlier that day. So I have been moving it.

Anyone else doing a self challenge this month?
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My challenge this month is to walk more since my knee surgery. I started the month under 1500 steps per day and today the 13th I'm up to 5660. I hope to hit 6000 steps today. Its hot outside now so if if cools off I'll do one more loop. If not I'm satisfied for today.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Great progress for you Ming, hope you can get that extra loop worked into your day as well.

This is an interesting article on sticking to new habits, I should post this in the stickie as well.
    https://greatist.com/live/healthy-habits-tips-that-finally-made-habits-stick
  • Ming1951
    Options
    retire happy..Thanks..finished off the day @ 6421 steps. It feels good to be moving again, albeit slowly. LOL Today I have PT so I shall see how it goes but my goal is to meet or beat yesterday. Good article, thanks for sharing.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    well I have been challenging myself to each day do a few more steps or at minimum to hit between 7000-8000 each day. So far I am managing but I think that where I will remain for a bit. Today it will rain all day so I will find something else to keep myself busy. I'm back on track and feeling better about it.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    You are doing so well. Be gentle on yourself, you have a lot of healing still to do. Getting healthy and healed should be your focus, once you're healed there will be no stopping you.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Today will be a rest day for me. I did a lot yesterday, PT, then got most of my steps in, then realized my daughter went to work didn't vacuum or clean baseboards in her room that is getting tiled today so I ended up doing that since the guy is coming at 8 this morning. Just wait till she gets home,lol
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I completed the sitting challenge, lost weight, hit my goal weight, set a new one, and learned to fast correctly. This has been an AWESOME month for me.

I hope everyone else is moving in the right direction.