Skin/Body doing wierd things

Options
DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
Yesterday 84.2kg smooth skin on my belly and thighs
Today 84.2kg wrinkled/saggy skin on my belly and thighs

I have that little line going down from my belly button, which I haven't had for about 6 months. I thought the skin had smoothed out and shrunk back to where it belongs, but today it's all saggy again. Why? I could put up with it if it meant I'd dropped some weight, but I weigh the same.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    This body is the only one I got. As long as I feel good, fit healthy and proportioned, it's fine to know there are some minor quirky bits to it....

Moisturise by rubbing the tummy upwards towards your rib cage.... is all I got, I'm afraid.
    At my age, I'm lucky to be upright!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    This body is the only one I got. As long as I feel good, fit healthy and proportioned, it's fine to know there are some minor quirky bits to it....

Moisturise by rubbing the tummy upwards towards your rib cage.... is all I got, I'm afraid.

Can't fool me. You're still gunning for upright in a bikini, sí?
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Do we every truly stop wanting this, lol?
  • RalfLott
    Options

No. Borat would be easy on the eyes compared to moi, though.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Same weight does not mean same fat content or body composition. However, since it happened overnight it's more likely just a hydration change - yesterday you had more water to plump up the skin, today not so much.

I agree with this. I have days where my skin is a bit more saggy. Especially my neck area which is a concern (obsession) of mine. Some days it's fine and others I slight have a turkey neck issue and I think it has to be down to hydration. Usually if I've been better about hydration the day before I'll have a better skin day!

• McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dehydration?
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you aren't melting. It's likely a hydration issue. Work on your electrolyte/salt/water intake and I bet you will see a difference quickly.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Somehow, I very much doubt it....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I'll spare you the agony of having to walk that one back....
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Si... if only gravity wasn't a factor... I'm a perfect 36"-24"-36" except it's all dropped about 4"......

:D

Somehow, I very much doubt it....

Argh! How could you?! I can't un-see it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Slingshot pocket, bwahahahaha >:)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    FYI, I've removed all the mirrors where I live (to forestall the Medusa effect).....
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Back in January I noticed what seemed to be a sudden change in the consistency of my fat. I carry most of my weight around the middle, and it seemed like overnight it had become a lot softer and more 'fluid'. At the risk of TMI, I had previously described my big belly as feeling like a rubber bag full of jell-o, but suddenly it felt like a rubber bag full of water. In particular I noticed when laying on my back, instead of it all just sitting ontop of me, it was suddenly spilling off to either side. And it hasn't changed back, in the 4 months since then.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I found this happened with lchf, but not from a cico with higher carbs and lower fat. idk why?
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    Back in January I noticed what seemed to be a sudden change in the consistency of my fat. I carry most of my weight around the middle, and it seemed like overnight it had become a lot softer and more 'fluid'. At the risk of TMI, I had previously described my big belly as feeling like a rubber bag full of jell-o, but suddenly it felt like a rubber bag full of water. In particular I noticed when laying on my back, instead of it all just sitting ontop of me, it was suddenly spilling off to either side. And it hasn't changed back, in the 4 months since then.

Yep, this is a sign of the water replacing the fat in the fat cells, I had this happen it was so weird, within a couple of days it went away and the scale number dropped. I actually look forward to this happening again, it could mean another Woosh is coming. I have 17 pounds to go (down 30 so far) to get to my ideal weight, I am stuck at 193 despite doing everything correctly. I do not freak out! I trust my body will start another run when its ready.