Hi I'm New Introducing myself

Options
CherrellBates
CherrellBates Posts: 16 Member
Hi My name is Cherrell I am 22, I've been struggling with my weight for a very long time and I am determined to loose this weight! I work two jobs so I don't get much time to work out being that I don't have a car right now but working out has never been a problem for me ! MY problem is FOOD !!!! I love it fast greasy sweet all the bad stuff but I'm now trying to turn that around. I have been trying this low carb and its simpler than any diet I tried before and I lost 13 pounds in one week

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Hate sweet, but love that fat! Fat is good!

So you need proteins and fats - eat all the chicken drumsticks you want, just don't make 'em KFC!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great job on the loss so far! It gets easier over time. LC flu aside, getting your mind to think LC is sometimes trying but you seem to be doing great so far.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cherrell! I've found low carb to be by far the easiest way to lose weight and maintain it. I started here over 2 years ago after many many ups and downs on the scale. The people in this group have been so helpful and encouraging and seen me through more ups and downs. But with low carb ive achieved so much better health both mentally and physically than I ever have before and its so easy to come back to if I get off track.

Good luck on your goals and keep us updated on your success :)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Make sure you check out the launchpad for the group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest

It has some invaluable information that will help you avoid the pitfalls that plague so many when they get started.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you checked out the stickied threads at the top of the page? They are a great resource and can help make LC a long term success.

The item of most immediate importance would be your sodium intake...increase it to avoid the entirely unnecessary headaches and lethargy that people call "Keto Flu"

• pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Take it one meal at a time.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good for you going low carb at your age. Many of us wish we had done that 30 or 40 years ago. It gets so easy after you have done it for a few weeks.

That big drop first week is mostly water. Read the launch pad articles so you are prepared to deal with any issues that might come up for you.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My favorite health food these days is a juicy hamburger with fried egg, cheese and guacamole. No bun, of course. It's nice to have reached a place where something so decadent is known to actually be good for you.

And yes, read the stickies about electrolytes they are very helpful!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sort of new to Keto as well (3 weeks) and I love it so far. Best wishes to you!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Cherrell -- Nice going!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @CherrellBates doesn't seem to have been back in since joining.... :(

Hope she comes back soon....