Diet Help

Options
pamatc2
pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
So I am not a cook by any definition of the term, and I need some advice on how to bring more veggies into my diet with little to no prep and that won't make me gag a week into eating them. See, I do love my veggies, but I hate to and have very little time to cook. I steam them in steamer bags (tolerable, but boring), sometimes grill (super yummy but time consuming) and need some other quick, on-the-go options to eat them. I would appreciate any tips from any veggie lovers out there! Thank you!

Replies

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What about raw bell peppers in all the colors? Zucchini and tomatoes are good and easy and fast. Green beans, lightly steam put some lemon pepper on them or garlic. I like grilling eggplant with a little coating of olive oil, tahini and some honey. I either roast the slices coated in that in the oven or grill the slices. They become my extra veggie or tossed into my salad. I could eat one whole eggplant in a sitting though with that sauce. :# Roasting asparagus in olive oil take 5 minutes. Make a yummy coleslaw, either Asian style or whatever you like and keep in the fridge as a side veggie when you're in a pinch because it keeps for a bit. Those are some off the top of my head ideas. I'm sure others will chime in with some delicious ideas.
  • pamatc2
    Options
    Great ideas! I never thought of eggplant that way, so I will definitely give it a try! The coleslaw idea is great as well! I think I've seen even the prepackaged slaw, but do you eat it raw like that or add to it to make it creamy? I love raw bell peppers too! I guess I forget about that stuff when my family doesn't like the same veggies. They are a mixed peas/carrots/corn kinda bunch. That gets old real fast! Thank you for the excellent ideas! I can't wait to go shopping this weekend!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I like Raw leaves like spinach, arugula, watercress on the side of any meal.
    Love root veg like sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, beets etc roasted in some olive oil and herbs.
    Best way to 'hide' veggies from your family? Blend them into a sauce or blend them into a soup base. You can put pretty much anything in! Especially if it's textures that they don't like rather than the taste.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • pamatc2
    Options
    I found steamed edemame to be so yummy! I got a big bowl with my sushi last week and loved them! I did the Asian slaw and it was good too! Getting a little tired of raw peppers, so going to grill or sautée them instead.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Oh edamame I love!
    Tossed in a little sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce!
    Oh now I'm feeling hungry!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL