Mini Mini Challenge: May 5th-8th

Options
Mjtckwnow
Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
An abridged mini challenge for this week....
Eat the Rainbow

Eating a variety of different colored fruit and vegetables is a big step in the healthy direction.
Consuming different color foods plays a role in insuring we are getting enough essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and more.

So for the next several days, see how many different colors of healthy foods you can add into your diet. Can you get all the colors of the rainbow?

And no, Skittles do not count!

Check in with your progress as you go :)

or2uhqr9x4wx.jpg

Replies

• dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm on the road Friday thru Sunday, but I will accept this mini-mini challenge and do my best. Hopefully this will help keep me on track. Anyone have any suggestions besides blueberries for travel food that are blue and/or purple?
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    I'm on the road Friday thru Sunday, but I will accept this mini-mini challenge and do my best. Hopefully this will help keep me on track. Anyone have any suggestions besides blueberries for travel food that are blue and/or purple?

Grapes, shredded purple cabbage at salad bars
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Perfect. thanks
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I second the grapes...MMMMMM LOVE the seedless ones :+1:
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating a large bowl of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. I'm counting that as 3 colors.
    Also have carrots and cucumbers packed for lunch and my afternoon snack.
    R - strawberries
    O - carrots
    Y
    G - cucumbers
    B - blueberries
    I - blackberries
    V

I'm gonna come back to this...might be corn at dinner for yellow
  • Mjtckwnow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I alternate weeks of doing either Blue Apron or Hello Fresh deliveries and just switched over to the vegetarian plan after 2 years of the regular subscriptions. 1st vegetarian box arrived today and I can't wait to cook these meals, lots of rainbow colors.

On the menu are:
    Mediterranean Tomato and Asparagus Bake: Tomatoes, Scallions, Asparagus (Red, Green)
    Garden Quesadillas: Red onion, Zucchini, Arugula, Red bell pepper, Tomatoes (Red, Green)
    Crunchy Vegetable and Lentil Salad: Cucumber, Lemon, Arugula, Radishes, Carrots (Green, Yellow, Green, Orange)

Now just need to add in some fruits/veg of blue/indigo/violet
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Had bruch while everyone was on their big bike ride here at the Ironman Race and I made sure it was full of the rainbow. peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, kale and I asked for fresh fruit on the side which was grapes and strawberries, throw on the scrambled eggs (and I made them regular instead of just whites and got the yellow). Unfortunately, dinner will be tougher cuz it's all off food trucks and food booths. Either way, on my way hom tomorrow and back to where I can control the rainbow. This has been an interesting challenge to try to work on the road, MJT. Thanks
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Had a salad with romaine and purple lettuce, yellow peppers, red onion, and carrots. Having strawberries and blackberries for dessert.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    R - strawberries and raspberries
    O - apricots & carrots
    Y - yellow peppers
    G - cucumbers and romaine
    B - blueberries
    I - blackberries
    V - red onion?
This discussion has been closed.