Lifting tips?

Options
Lapoof420
Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
Im really trying to focus on building up lean muscle but inhave very little experience with weights. I have dumbbells at home, and I've looked up some exercises online and thrown some together. But i was wondering if anyone had any tips for beginners or good starter workout plans?

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Strong Curves and I love it! Got the book off Amazon and it's great, very detailed and goes into all the physiology which I like because I'm a scientist!

The exercises all start with bodyweight and dumbbells. They do progress to barbells so it would be good if you could get to a gym but I'm sure you could adapt with dumbbells.

I've been doing it for 3 weeks and am already seeing changes in my strength and physique.

I would also recommend New Rules Of Lifting For Women which I picked up second hand for really cheap. I read both NRLFW and SC to decide which to do but ultimately decided on SC because it has lots of lower body exercises and I want a booty! But it's definitely been working my upper body too.
  • Lapoof420
    Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much @jesspen91