Stalled

Options
lorisisler
lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
I was sleeved 9/8/16 weighing 266 today 192..I've been stuck for a month. Suggestions please

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Concentrate on other aspects of your health. Weight is not the be all end all of this journey. You're doing great! Don't forget the weight you've lost. <3:)
  • lorisisler
    lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Agreed..I lost 51 lbs before surgery. So over 125 lost
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are doing fantastic! Stalls happen. I know they are disheartening, but as long as you are still following your dietary guidelines, the scale will move again. You and I have lost a pretty similar amount of weight. I was sleeved on 08/18/16 and I've lost a hair over 80lbs as of last Saturday. After the first month, my weight loss started leveling out. At times, I felt kinda cheated as I was losing an average of 2-3lbs per week while other people were dropping 10 a week.

What I am saying is, weight loss is not linear. You can count the numbers at 100% accuracy and the scale will say you didn't lose crap when the numbers show you should have lost 10lbs (or whatever, just an example). Keep your chin up and don't pay so much attention to the scale. My scale "betrayed" me last week, yet my uniform pants I put on every day are looser and I had to draw my belt in another notch.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am also experiencing a stall right now and am trying to remeber how far I have come. Stick with it. My mindset is that this is a marathon not a sprint! I have to admit it is great being able to hear that we are not alone in some of the struggles we all face.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    As others have said, don't sweat the stalls, they will happen. At the same time, I used them as a time to take a good look at my logging and exercise. Often I found that I was a little less rigorous and tightening up the discipline get me back on the losing path. Especially as you get further away from surgery, the discipline gets harder to keep up.
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hear you and I feel your pain with the stalls... I had one... it felt like it was a month long... in reality it was 10 days but it was the LONGEST 10 days of my life - I swear. But I listened to all these smart folks here who said, just keep on, keeping on and don't sweat it and you will start losing again... and voila.... it happened! You are doing great! Just stay with it and keep your eye on your prize of health!!!
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been in a stall now for 3 weeks. Ever since I started a running clinic I can not manage to lose weight. I am eating the same amount of calories and types food that I was before and I was consistantly losing 1- 2 lbs per week and now nothing. Ughhhhhhh
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I spent nearly all of December losing only 2lbs or so. That was a pretty big stall. Things picked back up in January and I've averaged roughly 8lbs per month since then. Give it time.
  • sexygatubela77
    sexygatubela77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been in a stall now for 3 weeks. Ever since I started a running clinic I can not manage to lose weight. I am eating the same amount of calories and types food that I was before and I was consistantly losing 1- 2 lbs per week and now nothing. Ughhhhhhh

If you started a running clinic you probably need to increase your calories. You're making your body work more on the same amount as before and it's probably on starvation mode.

• kandychiv
    kandychiv Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am SO discouraged. I had RNY on March 13,2017 and I am only losing like a pound a week for the last 3 weeks. I exercise at minimum 3X a week. Keeping my calories around 600-700. WHY am I not losing more so soon out? Any thoughts?
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    kandychiv wrote: »
    I am SO discouraged. I had RNY on March 13,2017 and I am only losing like a pound a week for the last 3 weeks. I exercise at minimum 3X a week. Keeping my calories around 600-700. WHY am I not losing more so soon out? Any thoughts?

Are you just doing cardio workouts? Adding more strength training can help. Your muscles need the resistance so your body eats the fat and not your muscle. -- what I was told by my surgeon. Good luck.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @kandychiv you may not be getting enough nutrition or even hydration. Speak to your nutritionist and confirm what your calorie intake should be based on your activity.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Exercise has little impact on weight loss. You may have just hit a stall, but @jcavanna2 gives good advice.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    New exercise will actually make you retain water as your body needs the water while it repairs the microtears in your muscles.
    It will go as your body gets more used to the burden your placing on it