MAY Gratitude and General Chit Chat

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
This year is really skating by.

With summer just around the corner, I hope everyone recommits to their health and fitness and gets lots of lovely sunshine. We need more Vit D as we age, and the sunshine gives you loads of that.

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am grateful my TNR is behind me. I am improving everyday. Wednesday was my 4 week post OP and doctor was happy with progress and I am now allowed to drive again and to start out patient therapy.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Ah, glad things went well with the dr.'s visit.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Thanks. I am grateful for today. I am also grateful that I now have fingernails. LOL Sounds crazy but I have been a really terrible nail biter my entire life. Somehow during my diet I stopped. I went for my first manicure as my nails were really long making it impossible for me to type. Now looking forward to my next, maybe I'll even get a little fancy. LOL
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Oh how fun, manicures are so relaxing to me. I don't do them often and really I love pedis even more. I have to trim my nails about every 10 days now. I used to go about a month, but the good protein and fats must be having an effect, and they look so healthy too. I keep them trimmed due to typing as well.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Tricorders have moved from science fiction to reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdpdWJdx5CE
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I haven't checked in for awhile... but I'm here now.
    We just returned from 2 weeks in France; first week was a river cruise, and last week we stayed in Paris.

It was amazing.
    I usually lose 3-5 lbs on this kind of active vacation, but...with chocolate croissants at every turn, and delicious crunchy warm bread and farm fresh butter, it was not to be. ::hangs head::
    Also, my husband, who is not that much of a sweets person, wanted dessert at every meal--and he wanted it for himself. None of that "let's get one and split it" stuff this time around! ha!

:/

Anyway, no regrets; what's the point!

It looks like you've all been doing so well...hopefully you'll motivate me to get back on the wagon (again) but I need a tall ladder and a good shove. B)

I got a bad cold; maybe the flu. Ew. It's awful. So I'm pretty much staggering between the washing machine and my home base on the sofa. I will do some self-visualization exercises and imagine I'm going for a walk. Actually we walked/ hiked miles. My feet were killing me...

But enough of that..

Back to Reality. Dang. >:)

66zrdff0d5ul.jpg
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Glad you had a good time in France. Heck If I had a two week vacation I'd enjoy it in everyday too. Now that your home back on track. Hope your feeling better soon.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    CrisEBTrue, green with envy. Love Paris. I have a self rule no chocolate croissants unless I am in Paris. Helps my weight control o:) I only get there every 10 yrs or so. I'm getting about due.

Hope you are well soon.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Let's see. The last time I had any chocolate croissants, was, I think.. 3 years ago when we did our first river cruise from Amsterdam to Belgium. LOL
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am very grateful this AM, I not only made my goal weight, I was a lb. under it as well. Soooo, time to set a new goal, will need to think about that for a while. If I go much lower it will cost me because I am currently in my smallest wardrobe, so I will need to do a lot of shopping if I go much lower.

My goal was the top my height's normal range 141, I do know I don't want to go to 104, since my LBM is around 117, or so my dr. tells me (via a formula). I also don't want to be 117, only slightly more than when I met my husband, I was very unhealthy at that time. I think the happiest I ever was the low 130s. I could eat well, had plenty of energy and strength, looked good in my clothes, etc.

So time to think seriously about that next goal. I am seriously considering a DEX scan to see just exactly what my LBM is.

Thanks for all the support!
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Great job! Hopefully I too will soon get to my 1st goal. Four lbs to go but I think Imay adjust it and try for 10 more even if its slow just to keep on track for awhile. You have done a fantastic job!! and you give many of us incentive to keep going!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful I am not hungry, heck I have processed the Costco chicken, put extra steaks in the freezer, and several other food related chores today, no hunger. Fasting is nearing the 72 hr. marker. I plan to continue into tomorrow, still not sure when I will be breaking the fast, I have olives and hard cheese for the small break before eating again. I'm only breaking it so I can eat with my DH during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. He is very supportive of me fasting up to a point, then he wants his dining partner back. He is more supportive of 36-48 hr. fasts.

Speaking of Memorial Day, everyone have a safe and fun time.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day everyone and a big Thanks to all our veterans.