Keto and BO??

Options

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Kimchi in the armpits might stain clothing with the chili powder.... just sayin'.

That's why I wear red all the time, doofus! D'u-u-u-h!

:D:D
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Oh. No wonder I don't have any BO issues, or bad breath. I make and drink my own ACV like it's going out of fashion... that and Kombucha.

And sauerkraut.
    And kimchi.

I honestly think I could live on that stuff......

Uh-oh, I missed amsomething somewhere.... Which of the above is actually the deodorant?

OMG... You've never heard of 'Eau de Kimchi' or 'Parfum de Kombucha'...? Man, where have you been these last three....

....minutes....?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Oh. No wonder I don't have any BO issues, or bad breath. I make and drink my own ACV like it's going out of fashion... that and Kombucha.

And sauerkraut.
    And kimchi.

I honestly think I could live on that stuff......

Uh-oh, I missed amsomething somewhere.... Which of the above is actually the deodorant?

OMG... You've never heard of 'Eau de Kimchi' or 'Parfum de Kombucha'...? Man, where have you been these last three....

....minutes....?

Hahaha! In fact, I was chewing through a tin of sardines....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    with a garlic side, no doubt....
  • RalfLott
    edited May 2017
    Options
    with a garlic side, no doubt....

Nope, not even Limburger cheese (thus departing from Dr. Bernstein's daily breakfast). Rather, boring old stuff like yogurt, vegetables, seeds & nuts, and mmm coffee w/ a little mascarpone & cocoa. Practically a handful of breath mints!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Dahling, you smell divine!
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too :/ I'm also way sweatier, which is kinda gross. No bad comments (I think my husband doesn't want me to feel bad lol) but I can smell it... I'm hoping it will fade away as my body adapts.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I have breath spray in every room in the house, my purse and my car. I have rigorous mouth hygiene and my breath smells putrid. Not like amonia or acetone. More like crap. What's up with that?
    Anyone know? I might have to be a hermit for awhile.

Do you suffer from allergies? If so, it can cause some bad breath. Meds may help. Do you have a geographic tongue? If so, you can gargle with some hydrogen peroxide and then scrub your tongue with a scrapper daily. Also flossing daily helps.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Ive been wondering if it might be from dairy or red meat? Anyone have thoughts or experience with those? Might have to experiment once I get further into ketosis.

My mouth hygiene is pretty intense and includes the things you mentioned, as well as other things.

I think I do have some kind of allergy as my cheeks are bright red this week, but the breath thing has recurred over the course of years of this woe. Only new foods recently were brie cheese and fake lobster meat....hmmm. lotta experimenting on the horizon.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    No lie, if I've been working out or sweating a lot, I smell like butter. It's the weirdest effing thing ever.
  • karilynnt2015
    karilynnt2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are all so funny. People tend to step away from me, I guess that must mean something!! Actually, I have asked my closest friends to be honest, they say they have never noticed my breath being bad. I do drink ACV/lemon juice at least once a day. Maybe that helped as mentioned above. BO, not so much underarms as other locations.. TMI :-) I use crystal deodorant and that helped prior to keto and seems to still be working great.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    You are all so funny. People tend to step away from me, I guess that must mean something!! Actually, I have asked my closest friends to be honest, they say they have never noticed my breath being bad. I do drink ACV/lemon juice at least once a day. Maybe that helped as mentioned above. BO, not so much underarms as other locations.. TMI :-) I use crystal deodorant and that helped prior to keto and seems to still be working great.

I don't quite understand. Do you have a video?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    @RalfLott....? Behave.... ;):D
  • RalfLott
    Options

:*
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    AshStout83 wrote: »
    Bad breath hit me first, but B.O. followed. I've been LCHF for close to one year and my wife no longer mentions my breath, but she still mentions my B.O. Luckily for me, she likes it.

OMG! Keto Hall of Fame!

I know! How lucky am I?! She used to complain about my lack of odor before I went LCHF. I would work a busy 12 hour shift and come home smelling like I just showered. She was very dissapointed. Lol. She's not a fan of other people's odor, just mine. She's a little weird.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I think I do have some kind of allergy as my cheeks are bright red this week,

I have serious skin effects if I consume too much dairy with this WOE. Acne, and a bit of rosacea.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

:lol:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bad breath hit me first, but B.O. followed. I've been LCHF for close to one year and my wife no longer mentions my breath, but she still mentions my B.O. Luckily for me, she likes it.

OMG! Keto Hall of Fame!

I know! How lucky am I?! She used to complain about my lack of odor before I went LCHF. I would work a busy 12 hour shift and come home smelling like I just showered. She was very dissapointed. Lol. She's not a fan of other people's odor, just mine. She's a little weird.

Soulmates are weird by nature, I think.

But there are plenty of people around who'd be happy to surreptitiously inject their loved ones with your scent-free DNA, if you're looking for extra cash....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

:lol:

:blush: