Chicken thigh recipes

Options
andreamelms
andreamelms Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone,

I am trying to make use of the meat I have in my freezer before buying anymore and noticed I have A LOT of chicken thighs. Does anyone have any healthy, low carb recipes that I may be able to make use of them? I have searched a little online, but a lot of the recipes I have seen have you pan fry the chicken which I am trying to stay away from.

Thanks!

Replies

• CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    I cut them up and add them to my stir-fry veggies, or just grill them on my George Foreman grill.
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites.
    http://12tomatoes.com/maple-dijon-roasted-chicken/
    I've also used sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash.
  • cavatinne
    cavatinne Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I pulled out a pkg. of chicken thighs, or so I thought from my freezer.. noticed it said boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets. Hm.. I've never seen thighs sold in fillets.. must of picked it up without noticing. I'll have to get creative with this pkg. Toss any ideas my way. :wink:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Chicken & Broccoli Rice Casserole

Ingredients

3 cups cooked. brown rice (approx. 1 cup uncooked rice)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
    8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
    8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
    3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 (12-ounce) bag microwave-in-bag fresh broccoli florets
    1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)

Directions

Preheat broiler to high. Cook rice according to package directions.

While rice cooks, heat a large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sauté until chicken, mushrooms and onion are done, about 6-8 minutes.

Place broccoli into a microwave safe bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover with a plate and cook broccoli in microwave for 3 minutes.

Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk or fork until smooth. Stir milk mixture into chicken mixture in skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and thick, stirring frequently.

Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, rice, and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.

Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts and just begins to brown.

NOTE: If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet use a glass baking dish to broil the casserole.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups

Per serving: Calories: 432; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 68mg; Sodium: 668mg; Carbohydrate: 52g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 27g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 518mg; Iron: 13%; Vitamin A: 18%; Vitamin C: 129%; Calcium: 28%

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/chicken-broccoli-rice-casserole/
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This one's delicious if you like heat:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/95091/chicken-with-chipotle/

I use boneless/skinless thighs for this one. So good.
  • amyrooni
    amyrooni Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken
    Foil packet bake

In the packet:
    - nonstick foil, or use a paper towel to rub thin layer of olive oil on foil
    - coat thighs with taco seasoning mix
    - place thighs on one end of foil
    - top each with 2 Tb. Of salsa fresca from the deli section drained of excess liquid
    - top each with 1 Tb shredded cheese

Fold over & seal the edges of the packet(s). I generally will put 2-3 thighs per package. Place on baking sheet & vake at 400 degrees for 40- 45 minutes.

Optional, add sliced red potatoes under the chicken inside the packets. But only if potatoes fit into your diet.
  • Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am trying to make use of the meat I have in my freezer before buying anymore and noticed I have A LOT of chicken thighs. Does anyone have any healthy, low carb recipes that I may be able to make use of them? I have searched a little online, but a lot of the recipes I have seen have you pan fry the chicken which I am trying to stay away from.

Thanks!

Chicken soup with veggies! Thighs make the best broth.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Cold Chicken, Black Bean, and Quinoa Salad

- 3 - 5 cups chicken meat lightly torn into chunks (or cut)
    - 3 - 4 tablespoons of sweet relish
    - 2 - 3 tablespoons of mayo
    - 1 1/2 can of cooked black beans
    - 1 cup cooked quinoa
    - one large mixing bowl with lid
    - pepper (optional)

Place sweet relish and mayo in bowl and mix together. Then add cooked Quinoa and mix evenly. Drain excess liquid from black bean can before slowly adding and stirring cooked black beans. Next add chicken pieces to the same bowl. Depending on how thick you like your salad you can add more chicken. Place container in fridge overnight to chill. Serve with salad or eat as is. (Note: Sometimes I have to add a little extra relish or mayo the next day for taste).

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    Cold Chicken, Black Bean, and Quinoa Salad

- 3 - 5 cups chicken meat lightly torn into chunks (or cut)
    - 3 - 4 tablespoons of sweet relish
    - 2 - 3 tablespoons of mayo
    - 1 1/2 can of cooked black beans
    - 1 cup cooked quinoa
    - one large mixing bowl with lid
    - pepper (optional)

Place sweet relish and mayo in bowl and mix together. Then add cooked Quinoa and mix evenly. Drain excess liquid from black bean can before slowly adding and stirring cooked black beans. Next add chicken pieces to the same bowl. Depending on how thick you like your salad you can add more chicken. Place container in fridge overnight to chill. Serve with salad or eat as is. (Note: Sometimes I have to add a little extra relish or mayo the next day for taste).

Well this sounds wonderful and something I'll plan on making. Thanks for sharing the recipe :smiley:
  • MagMia123
    MagMia123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I brush mine with olive oil and then sprinkle "dirt" liberally and roast on 375 for almost an hour.
    They come out crispy and they taste great!
    Dirt is a spice that I found at my grocery store: Todds Dirt Seasoning
    I believe it is widely available.
  • Princess_83
    Princess_83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to bake my thighs in a baking dish with a can of cream of mushroom soup and rice.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    this is very adaptable and will make you the hero of the house.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/grilled-dixie-chicken-with-cayenne-spice-rub-108307
    cook it inside in the oven or outside on a smoky grill. skip the toast or do cauliflower planks.
  • Ksm7767
    Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker! I throw mine in a slow cooker with a homemade Teriyaki sauce (message me if you want the recipe I don't have it commited to memory yet) and after 4 hours I add cornstarch and water and veggies. It's the bomb
  • Carey1988A
    Carey1988A Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Chicken Thighs instead of Breasts because it has more flavor. I usually get Grill Mates and shake it on the chicken and cook for about 30 - 40 minutes at 350 degrees.