Facelift? Or reverse facelift? :D

Options
DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
First photo is about 18 months ago. It's blurry because I hate photos and it was a forced pose at a family dinner that was later posted on Facebook, and cropped by me for the purpose of comparison. The second one is a bad selfie last night after I got a fresh new undercut. Strangely I think I look better now, I have a chin, and collar bones and overall there is definitely an improvement. But ... I look so much older. All the wrinkles. Who knew being fat was youthful. I got away with being 30 for like 7 years, now I look every bit of my 42 years :P
9t10b2lw2jho.jpg

Replies

• MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well I think you look great and still don't look 42. Don't get judgy on yourself!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You are preaching to the choir @EbonyDahlia! I feel the same way about the appearance of my hands and neck. YOU look fabulous by the way (and we are also the same age lol). :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Love love love the new haircut. Cute!!! And it is perfect on your slender face.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Trust me, your skin will tighten up a bit. It may take until several months after you quit losing, but it will happen if you keep eating right. I posted in another thread around Christmas a then current pic with one from a year earlier. I looked a good 10 years younger.
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look 42. I would guess mid thirties in the right, late 20s in the left. That's my shallow *kitten* input :)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Were you wearing makeup in the pre-picture? That makes a difference too.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Were you wearing makeup in the pre-picture? That makes a difference too.

No makeup, I'm too lazy for that. Just a rubbish picture. :D
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in both pics tbh! FWIW I didn't look my age until my early 40s and it had nothing to do with weight. I think I just got away with looking young a long time lol but eventually some years are gonna catch up :lol: But I don't mind looking whatever age because I'm just glad to be on this side of the dirt!
  • wozy46
    wozy46 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look healthier! You're attractive either way, but much healthier now. Yay for you!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I feel like I look older as well. And don't get me started on the Skeletor hands and the turkey waddle under my chin. :rage:
    You, however, look fabulous.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You don't look older.. you look different because you're thinner. in the first photo your hair is a bit longer and you have more make up on.

Grow your hair out some..and put make up on.. and you will see that you look like a fit hot chick. :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I had a very chubby face before do i too have a few more wrinkles and a slightly saggy chin/neck. I've been adding collagen to my morning coffee and hoping for a miracle lol. I think you look great and young in both pictures! No worries
  • alannabanana75
    alannabanana75 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's the lighting in the second picture. It's very strong. You can tell by the shadow behind you. I don't think you look old, in fact I don't see the wrinkles you're talking about. You look great
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    In the current picture, you do not look all that old. The hair style is very youthful and suites you.

What I notice is the clarity in your eyes now. The old you, that person looks drugged, and you probably were with too many carbs. I have a picture of myself like that, the younger me still looks older than I do now and that was slightly over 10 yrs. ago. I'll have to dig that up and post it.

This WOE does help with skin issues, so give it some more time. And don't be so judgemental with yourself in what is a shot from a cell phone by the look of it, maybe a web cam? Neither are great.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    also..the second photo is a weird angle..taken too close...
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My take is that I have had wrinkles forever, its just that before I lost weight they were filled in with fat :) So I will take "empty" wrinkles over "full" wrinkles anyday. And it does tighten up over time - keep putting some kind of mosturizer on there and stay out of the sun.