things you L❤VE about OMAD

Options
Dex_
Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Now there are many things I L❤VE about OMAD, but one thing that I always thought was awesome, and this might be a bit unusual, I feel like OMAD is also great for my oral health! My meal time is the evening, that's when I'm hungry period, so between brushing my teeth in the morning, a couple more times throughout the day and then after my dinner meal, and flossing, and being done with eating after that one meal, my teeth sure are spiffy clean!

So what do you love about OMAD?

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I noticed a few months on OMAD that my dental health seemed to improve or at least cavities were far less agitated. Less food, less decay! Makes sense.

Probably the best aspect of the whole thing is the lack of worry and taking time out to tend to gustatory concerns. Those of you still losing don't know how good you have it to be able to just kick back, take down the calories, and not have to worry. Now that I'm maintaining and have to cycle in more calories at times to keep up with tough, demanding exercise routines, it isn't as simple as before.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think I like not having to preplan meals and sleeping better.
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Many things!

1. More options at dinner time. While doing other diets such as Medifast, I would eat 6 small pre-packaged meals per day plus a low carb/high protein dinner. Feeling full was impossible unless I was chugging water. We all know how long that full feeling lasts.
    2. Saving money. Buying less food = more money in your wallet.
    3. Less guilt. Even when eating small healthy meals, just adding in something that wasn't of the norm such as a light beer, a slice of bread with peanut butter, a small baked potato, etc... would make me feel like a failure.
    4. Being FULL. I love healthy foods and rarely crave sweets. It's awesome to be able to fill up on healthy food and not feel bad about it.
    5. Not thinking about food all day. Well, towards the last 2-3 hours prior to dinner, I'm definitely thinking about food, but that's way better than eating a meal, waiting 2 hours for meal #2, etc...
    6. Better sleep. I've been fighting sleep issues since I graduated HS. Estimated, I'm sleeping 50% better and hoping for that number to increase. I still have bad nights with the tossing and turning but they are not as frequent.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    When I stick to one meal a day combined with my keto food plan, the level of energy I have is unbelievable. As a big time sugar, flour and butter abuser in the past, I used to eat constantly and never feel full for long, and then I would regularly pass out in a food coma, not really understanding thst I was having a blood sugar crash. I never made it through a day with out a couple longish naps. Now, I'm almost flying from energy, no naps, and sleep less hours at night.
    I like not having to bother with food all the time. Just eat a meal once and be done with it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Ive had those crashes in the past too and I think that was the cause also. I didn't check bg levels but the description of a comma fits it perfectly.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Agree. Avoiding a blood sugar coma, not zonking on the couch after eating. Heaven!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    1. The energy--when my back isn't messed up, of course. lol
    2. How fast obsessing over food went away, especially salty snacks like chips. I used to agree with the Lay's commercial, "Get your own bag", and I don't mean the single serving sizes. It's the only way I've tried to get healthier where I wasn't absolutely famished a few hours after having a smaller meals during the day whether 3 or 6.
    3. Not thinking about food, not relying on food for comfort. Normally, an injury like I have right now would have me eating emotionally, and giving up, but that hasn't happened. I don't see it happening, honestly.
    4. Whether my meals are a variety of food, low carb, high carb, medium carb, it doesn't matter, I don't feel tired nor do I desire anything after my meals are finished.
    5. Coffee consumption down, way down.
    6. Rheumatoid arthitis flareups basically disappeared
    7. Ostearthritis in back had started not bothering me daily in week two of OMAD, however, the sciatic nerve pain I have now has reactivated the osteoarthritis. :-(
    8. I feel lighter every morning when I wake.
    9. I cannot stand sitting around all day like I used to, I feel like I need to be moving--"Oh, hey there Stuffing from a Dog Toy! Let me take care of you right this instant. I find your presence in my field of vision quite annoying."
    10. I feel like this is something I could follow lifelong.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Lots of good things there!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic list. #8, #9, #10 - those are especially endearing to hear.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks @blambo61 and @amflautist. :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Not much cooking to do, dishes are minimal. Works for me!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Not much cooking to do, dishes are minimal. Works for me!

They need a ROFL emoji, I'd use a slew of them for your comment! So true.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Everything!!! :p
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Trying new food :) and experimenting with them.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Not much planning. I'm lazy so I like that I only have to plan one meal a day! I eat what the family eats for supper and then that's it! (In the spirit of full disclosure, I might snag a few jube jubes or a small handful of chips from my fiancé an hour or so after supper)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eating all my calories at one go makes me very satisfied :)
    Plus I'm saving heaps of money
    and easier to stick to calorie, macro intake