5/12 Friday Day 12 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
lhdmss1jk5bx.jpg

Theme: Flexible Friday

Today's Challenge: Since it's Friday; let's have some fun! Pick one (or two!) moving activities today that you know you'll enjoy. Maybe it's a bike ride, a walk/run, dancing, yoga, or taking the kids out for a stroll in the park. Lots of possibilities!

Tell us what you've got planned!

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I'm going to head out to my garden. A few years ago I learned I actually CAN grow some things and now I'm unstoppable. :)
  • rohnic1
    rohnic1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna ride my bike to my crossfit class. 2 in 1.

• Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I parked further away from work than usual (although not because of choice) so that's one. Second will be hard as I'll be working late (not too late) today, and I already walk at lunch time so that's not "more than otherwise".
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking from one end of downtown to the other and back.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well I'd like to get in a walk (which will probably include pulling the little one in her wagon) BUT it's supposed to start storming here today so that may not happen. I didn't get around to cleaning out my dresser from yesterday (oops) but I did manage to get in almost 18K in steps so I think that's just as good lol. So I may do that today AND some YOGA! I haven't done it in a while, but I gotta wait on the cable man first. I don't want him walking up to the door while I'm in downward facing dog... :D
  • themedalist
    Options
    cmmbef9q9xab.png

jf9xhqrsdhje.jpg
  • Knittylady
    Knittylady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did some cleaning this morning, then a 30 minute walk with my husband.
    Trying to move more each day instead of sitting. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yoga!
  • sandra8841
    sandra8841 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    going to take a walk its very nice outside today
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    Walk and workout with my sister. We usually don't workout together on Friday, but we have graduation plans for Saturday. A bonus was that our favorite fitness instructor was doing her class this morning, so that was an extra treat. :)
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Totally rocked the Children's Museum with the kiddos today. Put on my walking shoes and even played with the bubbles. I forgot the step counter, so I'm not sure how many steps I took, but I definitely was standing for a full 1.5 hours :)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Another dreary, wet day here. Ran around house with kids playing chase to burn off some energy indoors. Contemplating a few yoga poses before bed. Lots of new standing, walking, and exercising and a nice stretch session sounds really good.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Did a 5+ mile walk after lunch with DH. It was a lovely day and we had a great time.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    After washing the dishes (I always wash them by hand so that is always a standing/moving around activity for me!) I decided on the spur of the moment to go on an evening walk for about 40 minutes. It was breezy outside so it was pleasant. :flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Worked a 12 hour day and didn't have time to even look at this yesterday, so my bad! But I did purposely park as far away as I could which is not my normal so that was a different way of thinking for me! Thank you for that! Other than that, I stood at my desk during meetings but that was all i got in.
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went on my normal walk but added an extra loop! Now I have another option of where to walk and I am getting know my new neighborhood better!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5/12..3253 steps
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today was a very bad fatigue day so I didn't move much at all. Tonight I felt better so I walked the dog with my daughter. It was a lot of fun and it's something I said I could see myself doing in the future. Well the future started today.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    On the road today. Walked as much as possible and purposely stop often and get out and walk.