Cauliflower rice - Australia

DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
I was just telling my fiancé yesterday on the way to do shopping how you guys in the US have access to all these low carb products that we don't get here in Aus, such as pre-riced cauliflower. And then we went in to Woolworths, and right there in the vegetable section where they sell the bags of lettuce and coleslaw mix wouldn't you know it, they had pre-riced cauliflower. :)

I bought a 300g bag, what do I do with it? :)

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    A neighbor gave me some she wasn't going to use. I like cauliflower/onion/egg omelets so I made one. Despite being heavy on the cauliflower, it had very little flavor. I was disappointed. :/
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    I put it in my stir-fry.
  • andreta53
    andreta53 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I use it in the keto connect cauliflower mac and cheese recipe - my whole family LOVES it :)
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    A neighbor gave me some she wasn't going to use. I like cauliflower/onion/egg omelets so I made one. Despite being heavy on the cauliflower, it had very little flavor. I was disappointed. :/

Just a bit of minced onion added, serve with a bit of sour cream and you have fauxtato patties that really are delicious.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    spread it onto a baking sheet, evenly, and sprinkle with olive oil.
    Do - NOT - salt it (it releases the water and makes it go soggy!) Bake in a 180C-degree oven for around 10 minutes, remove, stir it around a bit to even the roast, pop it back into the oven for around 5 minutes, serve as a 'rice' accompaniment to
    anything you want, really!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Pizza crust! Chicken fried "rice"
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    I sauté it with oil, salt, and pepper then serve it under sautéed red peppers & sausage. The flavors works well together.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I like to cook mine in a hot frying pan. Slightly browned adds some good flavor.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I live in the U.S., and I've yet to see it. But then, I'm rural. Still, rice is not one of my faves anyway, so I'm not motivated to kill myself trying to find it. It sounds yummy though. I do like the cauli. But it is so expensive here. I tried to grow some last year but bugs ate the leaves up before it could do anything.

I'm glad you guys finally got some. :smile:
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    I ended up frying it with some hot smoked salmon, red onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. I was quite sceptical, but it really was like rice. I'm going to buy another bag and make some hash browns.