Anyone found the easiest way to get daily potassium requirement (4700mg)

Options
JIVERZ
JIVERZ Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
More avacados take up too many fats and online supplements don't do large dosages, from what I can find in the UK anyway.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I don't really supplement potassium. If you keep sodium up, potassium isn't likely to get low.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    It is dangerous to get too much potassium, and it isn't tracked on most nutritional labels, so you're likely getting more than you realize. If you are eating whole foods, and a variety of them, unless you have a health condition, you're probably fine.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I get most of mine from coffee. But, I drink a lot of coffee.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A lot of things have a good amount of potassium, that most don't even think of. Beef, chicken, and all fish are pretty rich sources, not to mention organ meats. The labeling is beig changed in the coming years to require potassium listing in mg. I tend to hit well over 10-12g (yes, grams) of potassium per day, without even trying. That said, I haven't been keto in a long time, so most of my potassium when bulking comes from things like vegetables, potatoes and sweet potatoes.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Potassium is in so many things and isn't tracked its very easy to hit without realizing it. You very likely, except when first starting to avoid the flu, don't need to supplement potassium.
  • KetotasticKitty
    KetotasticKitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I supplement potassium with losalt. Its a salt alternative found with the salt in most grocery stoes. Just one serving with a boullion cube for sodium in about 2 cups hot water, I drink it once a day.