Meal ideas

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
Anyone have any meal /snack ideas? I'm in a rut and either eat too little or end up eating things I shouldn't.

Replies

• epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I made this chicken with chicken thighs and breasts last night and it was totally delicious. I let my family eat the baked carrots and onions in the pan while I ate some roasted asparagus.

http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/garlicky-lebanese-chicken-thighs/
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I get bored very quickly and like having large varieties of foods. I also try to avoid lots of processed meals. I'm a mfp diary stalker lol. What type of ideas are you looking for? Add me if you want to watch my diary...
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Avocados are one of my fave keto snacks - i use them more like a meal...i.e., breakfast or lunch. Friday I made my husband a pizza for pizza night, and for myself i baked off some chicken thighs. Last night i made some tenderloin steak tips for us, and roasted him a small pan of potatoes and me a small pan of radishes. Added a power greens salad full of fresh herbs from the herb garden. If you like olives, they are a great snack. i get the green ones stuffed with blue cheese. i know it sounds odd, but i'll do bulletproof broth versus coffee sometimes. It helps me regulate my sodium and is very satisfying with the butter and coconut oil. I'll sometimes add a pinch of black pepper and turmeric to that.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I batch cook things like taco meat (taco salad bowls or lettuce "shell" tacos) or chicken breasts (used for all things Tex-Mex, or covered in cheese and ranch dip, with veggies, or slathered in homemade alfredo sauce, etc.), and then I use them however. I like a quick crustless pizza - cheese, tomato sauce, spices, pepperoni, and ground beef, then microwaved or bake... I also like ham and cheese wrapped around pickle spears...usually with a side of tomatoes and cucumbers. Or a giant salad with as much meat/eggs/cheese/dressing as I can load on it...

It really depends on your taste preferences, etc. @mjj79
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    Avocados are one of my fave keto snacks - i use them more like a meal...i.e., breakfast or lunch. Friday I made my husband a pizza for pizza night, and for myself i baked off some chicken thighs. Last night i made some tenderloin steak tips for us, and roasted him a small pan of potatoes and me a small pan of radishes. Added a power greens salad full of fresh herbs from the herb garden. If you like olives, they are a great snack. i get the green ones stuffed with blue cheese. i know it sounds odd, but i'll do bulletproof broth versus coffee sometimes. It helps me regulate my sodium and is very satisfying with the butter and coconut oil. I'll sometimes add a pinch of black pepper and turmeric to that.

Bulletproof broth? What kind of broth? I've been using bullion cubes until I realized that it's almost all full of MSG... ugh!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    nill4me wrote: »

Bulletproof broth? What kind of broth? I've been using bullion cubes until I realized that it's almost all full of MSG... ugh!

i make bone broth regularly, I'll heat some up, put it in my magic bullet with some added sea salt, butter, coconut oil and a touch of HWC. whip it up. its really quite good.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Do you have a good bone broth recipe?