Carb Day

Options
Heni300
Heni300 Posts: 19 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
So, yesterday was my Birthday so I figured I would make it my first cheat day. (Been at it for a month and am down 29lbs) So, I ate like I used to eat.... and I regret it. I felt like craps at the end of the day sick to my stomach head ache.

Also, I had a hard time waking up this morning. I had thia problem every morning before I started, after I started I can get up whenever I wanted now. So I'm guessing carbohydrates are the reason for being sluggish in the morning.

Anyway, don't think I will be having another cheat day any time soon, or ever.

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing the contrast?? Glad you didn't slide down the slippery slope & I hope your carb hangover goes away fast!!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Consider it a learning experience I guess...
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Experience is a hard teacher. Happy Birthday!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oops! Happy Birthday though!
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's crazy the reaction our bodies have when we reintroduce grains and sugar after we haven't had it for a length of time. I don't have that issue with almost anything else I go a while not eating and then eat again. Makes you think, that maybe we really don't need them as a part of our diet, like almost every medical professional tells us.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's crazy the reaction our bodies have when we reintroduce grains and sugar after we haven't had it for a length of time. I don't have that issue with almost anything else I go a while not eating and then eat again. Makes you think, that maybe we really don't need them as a part of our diet, like almost every medical professional tells us.

YMMV, but I "need" that *kitten* in my system like an alcoholic "needs" a Martini for breakfast.

(BTW, all my current providers would go along. But it took years of trying out draft picks and free agents to get there..... )
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Happy belated btw! Good to test your tolerance and now you'll have a different approach to your next birthday. One suggestion if you do want to indulge a little next year is limit your carb consumption to a small window like 2 hours (assuming you can regulate your consumption during that window of time). If you can be reasonable in a small window and then get right back on the horse you 'may' find it less impacting. ...but maybe not. Just what works for me :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I would never trust myself with a 2-hour carb or smoking holiday. :s
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I dunno. I would never trust myself with a 2-hour carb or smoking holiday. :s

Fair enough. I would and do on occasion and it feels good :)