Easy Breakfast

Ksm7767
Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
Overnight oats! They are super filling, totally customizable, and you can meal prep them! A normal serving is double this, but I just can't eat that much in the AM.

2 ounces or 1/4 cup rolled oats
2 ounces or 1/4 cup regular unsweetened almond milk
.5 ounces or 1 tableapoon peanut butter

Now depending on brands it's about 178 calories. Oats are 75 calories per 2 ounces, I use the Wal-Mart 1 minute rolled oats. The almond milk is 8 calories per 2 ounces and I use silk unsweetened regular almond milk. The peanut butter is 95 calories per half ounce, and I just use creamy natural peanut butter.

Nutrition info:
178 calories
18g carbs
10g fat
6g protein

I like to add all of my ingredients to a pint size mason jar and shake them up. I make 5 at a time to last the whole week, and you can eat them cold or heat them up. There are tons of ways to flavor these to! So get creative!

Replies

• kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Anything that contains peanut butter is a winner! Thanks for sharing!
  • DeviousKitty
    DeviousKitty Posts: 17 Member
    This sounds delicious. I'm going to give it a go! Maybe add some banana to it. Thanks for sharing :)
  • soozeeque57
    soozeeque57 Posts: 5 Member
    Have any of you heard of PB2? It is powdered peanut butter that has had the fat removed.

Just add water.

2 tablespoons are 45 calories as opposed to regular peanut butter, which is 180 calories for 2 tablespoons.

No artificial ingredients. My friend on Weight Watchers told me about it. Apparently it is popular with hikers.
    I am new to the group, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.
  • mwinck
    mwinck Posts: 1 Member
    PB powder is amazing I add it to my protein vanilla shakes love it!!!
  • Skyfallbw
    Skyfallbw Posts: 12 Member
    Peanut butter is good for you, and the rolled oats. I will try the Almond milk, as I still drink the 2% milk. Thanks for sharing your recipe.