Brick by Brick

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
How are you doing taking down your wall?

Replies

• dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was really struggling, but am feeling really positive this week with your new IF challenge. This might be the one thing that really helps me. I am truly excited to move forward now. Thanks for this challenge and giving me focus.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving IF, it's keeping me on track and staying away from snacking at night
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started a "core fitness" class yesterday. The instructor informed us that in addition to working abs, we would be doing a total body workout! The class will be three times a week for the next 12 weeks. Sounds pretty intense but I'm looking forward to it. I think this is what I need to break past these plateaus I keep hitting. Wish me luck!
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    diggydog2 wrote: »
    I started a "core fitness" class yesterday. The instructor informed us that in addition to working abs, we would be doing a total body workout! The class will be three times a week for the next 12 weeks. Sounds pretty intense but I'm looking forward to it. I think this is what I need to break past these plateaus I keep hitting. Wish me luck!

You got this @diggydog2. The key is consistency. Stick with your class even when you don't feel like going or if you miss a class and you will be successful no matter what. We know you can do this. Have fun with it and you will see results. Good luck, lady. Enjoy your class.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You got this @diggydog2. The key is consistency. Stick with your class even when you don't feel like going or if you miss a class and you will be successful no matter what. We know you can do this. Have fun with it and you will see results. Good luck, lady. Enjoy your class.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Did our first workout today. I was right. It was intense. Lots of crunches, reverse crunches, and obliques followed by 30 minutes of step aerobics. I couldn't keep up with everything but I did my best. There were some 20 somethings that weren't doing any better than me and I'm 57. I just need to go at my own pace and stick with it.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Did our first workout today. I was right. It was intense. Lots of crunches, reverse crunches, and obliques followed by 30 minutes of step aerobics. I couldn't keep up with everything but I did my best. There were some 20 somethings that weren't doing any better than me and I'm 57. I just need to go at my own pace and stick with it.

You are exactly correct, you need to work at your own pace. Don't try to keep up with the 20 somethings. I'm 59 so I know exactly what you are talking about. I get the same feeling when I'm doing my spin class. Work at your pace and just try to push yourself a little, but not too far that you injure yourself. Before long you will notice that you can keep up with a little more each week or so. You got this. Just show up and do the best you can, everything else will take care of itself.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

You are exactly correct, you need to work at your own pace. Don't try to keep up with the 20 somethings. I'm 59 so I know exactly what you are talking about. I get the same feeling when I'm doing my spin class. Work at your pace and just try to push yourself a little, but not too far that you injure yourself. Before long you will notice that you can keep up with a little more each week or so. You got this. Just show up and do the best you can, everything else will take care of itself.

Good advice. I am 57 too and lots of times I have to remind myself that I am not 20 something either.